Current pricing L2501 and transmission choice

/ Current pricing L2501 and transmission choice #71  
The delivery guy said the only problems they see from these units are people abusing them because they don't know how to operate a tractor and problems from using fuel that isn't clean. He said they are not like the older tractors that would tolerate about any kind of diesel.

I am surprised at how tight this machine is. I don't know if it is Kubota quality control or being a new tractor, but it really feels well put together compared to my older tractors ....

But I'm dismayed at the front plastic grill and the lack of protection against sticks and things. Have begun dealing with those things that could be issues based on my personal experience over the years.

Not sure whether to start another thread or just keep the entire adventure in one place. I'm sort of thinking these are matters that prospective buyers should factor into their purchase so I'm leaning towards keeping it all in one place.
Buy you hydraulic filter guards asap.

Specialty Repairs

/ Current pricing L2501 and transmission choice #72  
The L2501 is not going to have a 02 series in the future.
It is going to remain as is with a better price point option.

/ Current pricing L2501 and transmission choice
I got the front grill guard done over the weekend.

The expanded metal is actually a two piece design. One covers the top guard assembly. There's another that covers the second lower mounting bracket so the guard still tilts out. It may be difficult to see that it's a two piece design.

The other thing is I added metal wings to the lower part of the top guard assembly to try to make the front guard actually cover the width of the plastic grill behind it.

I couldn't find any Kubota orange paint near me except in 1 gallon cans. So that's why I used black paint.

Onto the filter guards after it stops raining.

Attachments

• grill.jpg
    grill.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 134
I had some steel channel that I thought would make a good cover for the transmission filter. So I removed the floor support member from the tractor and welded up a cover from a piece of steel channel. Well....that was a terrible idea because of the amount of grinding and fitting required. Lesson learned. The far better thing would have been to just buy the premade transmission filter cover from one of the on line suppliers.

Having learned the hard way on the transmission filter, I ordered a fuel and oil filter cover from Ded-Con.
kubota-fuel-and-filter-guard-l2501. That's a better looking cover than I could make.

As for the hydraulic and hose cover, one of the problems I see with the L2501 is that there are some hard hydraulic lines under the tractor that IMO are more exposed than I like. So I am leaning towards making somewhat of a belly pan that will connect between the rear axle and the unused holes on the FEL mount.

I am really liking the HST, 4wd, and nimbleness of the L2501. We had a bad storm this week and I was able to haul off some limbs without tearing the yard up despite it being wet. My other tractors would have slid all over the place in the same conditions. The ability to instantly change ground speed to ground conditions is also terrific. I'm very grateful for the advice to get the HST version instead of the manual transmission.

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 159
  • lines.jpg
    lines.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 173
Finally completed the guard for the other filter as well as the canopy. Oddly today, I had a briar stem poke its way through one of the holes in the floorboard despite having the filter guard in place below it.

$20 for the steel from the scrap yard, plus some odds and ends I already had. $34 for four U bolts to hold the canopy to the ROPS.

Still waiting for the fuel filter guard I ordered. The seller already charged my card, but the guard hasn't even been fabricated yet, much yet shipped.

Attachments

• canopy.JPG
    canopy.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 122
The combination fuel and oil filter guard from Ded-Con arrived today. Pretty simple two bolt installation.

Attachments

• dedcon guard.JPG
    dedcon guard.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 122
  • dedcon guard installed.JPG
    dedcon guard installed.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 124
   / Current pricing L2501 and transmission choice #78  
Looks good! And functional.
I added a few commercially available guards to my machine. Unfortunately, I had to bust the front grill before thinking about it.

/ Current pricing L2501 and transmission choice #79  
Steering brakes are on the wrong side for HST on the L25 models.

The location of the brake pedals relative to the HST treadle seems awkward to me, but I haven't had to use the brakes much at all except to engage the parking brake when already stopped. International Cub Cadet hydros had the F-R hydro control mounted to the dash. I tend to think that is a better placement for that control.

Another thing I don't like is they didn't put a hand rail on the loader control side fender making it awkward to get on the tractor. For the amount of money they are charging for these tractors, both fenders should have hand rails.