Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #31  
I knew the answer before I asked. The people p=most critical of inverted snowblowers have never owned one. I've never heard an inverted snowblower owner say they've had buyer's remorse.

A push snowblower would be preferred if you regularly get snowfalls greater than 18" or have huge drifts. Neither is an issue for me, and I love the ease of use and time saved with my rear pull snowblower. :giggle:

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #32  
I live in the woods of MT, if I lived out on the prairie dealing with drifts I'd have a front mounted or deal with a rear facing. My old man told me this weekend, it snowed 40cm (15.7inches) while he took a nap in 1.5h 😲

This is at 69 Deg North in Norway FYI.

271944229_10158677446395910_5302144990531264064_n.jpg

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower
No never, I came from Norway where we've used them since the 60's. I was moreover miffed how apparently hard they were to get here in North America. And the people telling me "You cannot drive over the snow before snowblowing" 🤪
And yet there are lots of people on this forum that drive over the snow before plowing with their rear blade and don't seem to have any issues doing that.

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #34  
80 - 85 degrees F here in NZ North Island, since weeks. Our thoughts are with you.

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #36  
Here is one on a smaller tractor. The camera operator needs a little less coffee.

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #37  
Another satisfied owner.

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #38  
Thread Bump

Thinking about upcoming winter and considering an inverted pull behind 78-84 inch model for my Rhino tractor.

Prices are probably going up again rolling into winter .

Hoping to save maybe some money buying as it gets over 90*.

There is a new 78" Erskine available locally. Have not priced it yet
MK Martin Meteor I can order and just found an ad for a Canadian model from the same area, I have not heard of but the specs look good. 84 inch 1200+- lb. by made by Wifo the price looks competitive looks to be the brand demoed in the previous video.

84" Wifo UpShot 3-Point Tractor Pull-Type Snow Blower Model WBPT84

Thoughts?

ps. Rhino is 55HP @2000RPM cat 2 and ran an 84" push type blower for several years the tractor ran it OK
rear tire width 76"

Last edited:
   / Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower
I've got a Farm King 84" inverted blower and run it on a Kubota L6060 (53 PTO HP) and it works just fine with the snows I've encountered so far. I have not yet had a big dump of snow since getting the inverted blower but am confident it will be fine when they come as long as i get to them before there is 2ft of heavy wet snow on the driveway. So far the biggest dump I've had, since getting the blower, is about 6" and it ripped through that with ease.

I note that the Wifo blower has a large fan on it and that will require more hp to run it, especially in deep or heavy snow. You may have to go slower to process the volume that fan will go through. I would contact the manufacturer and talk to them about running that blower on your tractor. Or maybe someone else on this forum has a similar sized tractor, running a blower with a big fan in it.

Good luck.

edit: I forgot about the deeper snow I blew in the second video at the beginning of this thread. Still no problem.

Last edited:
   / Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #40  
I've got a Farm King 84" inverted blower and run it on a Kubota L6060 (53 PTO HP) and it works just fine with the snows I've encountered so far. I have not yet had a big dump of snow since getting the inverted blower but am confident it will be fine when they come as long as i get to them before there is 2ft of heavy wet snow on the driveway. So far the biggest dump I've had, since getting the blower, is about 6" and it ripped through that with ease.

I note that the Wifo blower has a large fan on it and that will require more hp to run it, especially in deep or heavy snow. You may have to go slower to process the volume that fan will go through. I would contact the manufacturer and talk to them about running that blower on your tractor. Or maybe someone else on this forum has a similar sized tractor, running a blower with a big fan in it.

Good luck.

edit: I forgot about the deeper snow I blew in the second video at the beginning of this thread. Still no problem.
Thanks for that info on the Fan , yeah 27 inch by 10 deep does sound like it might load it pretty heavy.
That is important since my Rhino only has six gears forward, but has enough power for an 85 inch tiller in 1st gear, we used to run in 3rd for light snow same for running the brush hog in thick stuff. I like the specs for the price on this Wifo. Can get it delivered for under 8k with the 2 hydraulics angle and the shoot. The Erskine name is known better around here and it weighs the same in a 78inch as the Wifo does in an 84.
About afraid to call on price at the Kubota dealer. Have a feeling it will be at least 2k more and that is with me picking it up versus the 700 to have the 84" Wifo delivered.

I just noticed the Wifo spec for suggested minimum HP and they list 40 HP

Last edited: