Coming soon list

/ Coming soon list #251  
While he's at it, how about a BLOCKED button, so neither the blocker nor the blockee get to see each other's posts. That way there's a complete shut down of not so friendly further communication between the potential antagonists.
YIKES!

/ Coming soon list #252  
While he's at it, how about a BLOCKED button, so neither the blocker nor the blockee get to see each other's posts. That way there's a complete shut down of not so friendly further communication between the potential antagonists.
Well... the problem with that is that the blocked and/or 'blockee', in a different thread, could have a valid point or suggestion regarding a problem.

Sorry, but it's up to the 'Mods' to prune or chastise the offender(s). Other than that, I just skip offending parties.

/ Coming soon list #254  
Is there a way to prune my watched list in My Home? Some threads that I posted in years ago become active again and I'm over it. When I click on "manage watched threads" I only get the choice of "stop watching threads" and then "all". Is there a way to sort out the ones I don't want to watch anymore and save the good ones? Thanks!!!

/ Coming soon list #255  
Is there a way to prune my watched list in My Home? Some threads that I posted in years ago become active again and I'm over it. When I click on "manage watched threads" I only get the choice of "stop watching threads" and then "all". Is there a way to sort out the ones I don't want to watch anymore and save the good ones? Thanks!!!
On Watched Threads list, check the box by the ones to stop watching, scroll to the bottom of the page and click With Selected, choose Stop Watching, then GO.

/ Coming soon list #256  
Doesn't the ignore list already do that for you? I can't see the ignore list making it so somebody else can't see your posts as then you could say whatever you wanted about them and they wouldn't be able to see it or respond to it.

Aaron Z

/ Coming soon list #257  
It's one thing to be able to block someone so that you never see their posts(the ignore list).

It's quite another to be able to block someone from seeing what you write about everything. And if someone quotes your post, then the other person could see it anyway.

/ Coming soon list #258  
Doesn't the ignore list already do that for you? I can't see the ignore list making it so somebody else can't see your posts as then you could say whatever you wanted about them and they wouldn't be able to see it or respond to it.

Aaron Z
The way blocking is implemented on Facebook, once you block someone, you don't see their posts, and they can't see yours. In fact, neither of you can see any info about the other, not even posts someone else has quoted. You can unblock someone at any time, however. The problem with ignore on TBN is the ignored party continues to see your posts, which provides motivation for them to write responses, responses you won't see because you're ignoring them. This keeps an adversarial exchange alive, instead of shutting it down, as blocking does.

/ Coming soon list #260  
The way blocking is implemented on Facebook, once you block someone, you don't see their posts, and they can't see yours. In fact, neither of you can see any info about the other, not even posts someone else has quoted. You can unblock someone at any time, however. The problem with ignore on TBN is the ignored party continues to see your posts, which provides motivation for them to write responses, responses you won't see because you're ignoring them. This keeps an adversarial exchange alive, instead of shutting it down, as blocking does.
As I said, the problem is that I could block you, then say ANYTHING I wanted about you in a thread that you were also replying to and you could not see it.
If someone wants to block me and not view my posts, that is their right.
If I want to block someone and not view their posts, that is my right.
IMO it is not right that someone on a forum can keep me from seeing their posts on the same forum and it would be ripe for abuse.

Aaron Z