Clearing Snow Off An Open Station

/ Clearing Snow Off An Open Station #41  
Problem with keeping tractors outside is, especially with Kubota and JD, the paint fades.

Mie are either in the big barn or the tractor shop. Never outside.

/ Clearing Snow Off An Open Station #42  
A complete shelter should be your goal. Sunlight really destroys tires... mine were weather cracking by the time they were 3 years old.
You are lucky, you got 3 years.
I bought a new pair since the originals were very scary checked.
Well the new pair that cost me $1000, checked just as bad over the 4-5 months of winter.
Making it worst my size is no longer available ANYWHERE!
So I don't go far.

To keep your seat dry have U thought of a large garbage bag? or perhaps those large tough construction site trash bags?

/ Clearing Snow Off An Open Station #43  
I have purchased cotton canvas tarps to cover my implements from Chicago Canvas for ten years. Fast shipment and Chicago Canvas tarp prices include shipping.

I can vouch on this brand for covering implements. Got one when Jeff mentioned it before, and it is now in service, covering my bucket. It is very thick and heavy. I drape tarps and lightly secure them so there's lots of air circulation.

For covering a tractor, I actually might want a lighter tarp!

/ Clearing Snow Off An Open Station #44  
For the seat I purchased a boat seat cover for mine approximately 3 years or so ago. Best 20-30 dollar accessory I purchased. I use it year round. In the summer months it keeps the dust and sun off and in the winter the snow and ice out of my seat. I don’t have to fold my seat exposing my safety switch. The one I purchased was for a captain seat with arm rest. It has a label for the front and has elastic at the bottom to hold it on in the wind. My tractor has spent a lot of time outside. I keep the snow cleaned off from it with a leaf blower. Park it in the sun in the winter and the shade in the summer. I never have had it covered before this year. It is now mostly covered under a 3 sided leanto off the front of the shop (new house came with a nice shop). I won’t argue with it nice to have it out of the weather but where do they sit at the dealership. However my area sees snow just not a lot of ice storms. Ice I believe would be a bit more difficult if kept outside. The new parking spot has been really nice I won’t lie.

/ Clearing Snow Off An Open Station #45  
Well the new pair that cost me $1000, checked just as bad over the 4-5 months of winter.
Mine lives outside 9 months of the year, no serious checking on the tires, tractor's close to 20 years old.
Problem with keeping tractors outside is, especially with Kubota and JD, the paint fades.
The rims faded quite a bit on my Kioti, the FEL somewhat but the tractor itself doesn't seem to have.

/ Clearing Snow Off An Open Station #46  
To keep your seat dry have U thought of a large garbage bag? or perhaps those large tough construction site trash bags?
Actually, that is exactly what I use on my M9 open station when parked in the barn because the barn cats like to sleep on the seat and cover it with sand from the floor. I use a drawstring hefty 30 gallon trash bag.

/ Clearing Snow Off An Open Station #47  
Making it worst my size is no longer available ANYWHERE!
So I don't go far.

I put mine forward when not in use, and have a canopy which does a pretty good job of keeping me dry on the rare occasion that I use it when it's storming out.

/ Clearing Snow Off An Open Station #48  
Good luck with the rebuilding the shed! Looks like a project for sure! (I started a new project myself tonight, but that is another post, lol!
David from jax

/ Clearing Snow Off An Open Station #49  
When I tore down my barn in Dec 2019 I lost my tractor garage. I bought a Harbor Freight 17' car tent for the tractor. Worked great for 2 years until the new barn was finished. The tent has no rips and is entering its third New England winter. You can often get it for well under $200.

/ Clearing Snow Off An Open Station #50  
Much better than mowing on a sunny 85' day...
My cab tractor has AC too! 😉🙃🙂 Great for those 90-100 days in the summer. I spent many a year in a open station and with the exception for the small subcompact that's used in the horse barn, all my tractors are now cabbed.

I'm cheap - and readily admit it - I buy used low hour (still under warranty) machines so the cabs don't hardly cost anything. My last purchase is the one in my profile pic. Mahindra 2555cl it had less than 50 hrs on it. Was traded back in because it wasn't hydrostatic. Got it for ~20K off new list price with a grapple thrown in to seal the deal. This was "just" pre-covid and I realize supply has been tight since, but if you keep your eyes open (and don't care what color your tractor is - see my other posts regarding this) you can find really good deals out there.

For those that would say buying used is buying someone else's problems, I don't really care. I won't buy a bargain without having factory warranty still left on the machine. Anymore, with the compacts anyway, many that buy these tractors (first time buyers especially) don't understand what they originally really bought, under buy (hp, weight, etc) and the biggest item, being sold something by the dealer that wouldn't sell e.g., a shifter for someone that obviously needed a hydro.

Just my opinion and what has worked for me over the years.