Clear a logjam

/ Clear a logjam #1  

Aggie66

Tractor
MX 5400
We have a creek that runs through our property. To access the backside we had to build a bridge about 30 foot long to get across. Recent rains have caused a log jam at the bridge support pilings. Has anyone built an attachment that either will go on your bucket or if you’ve taken the bucket off and built some thing to fit where the bucket would attach to the front loader. I’ve used a winch to pull out some of the debris but I’m thinking that there may be a method to use the front loader with some sort of rake attachment to pull that debris out discussion and pictures would be appreciated. I have a Kabota MX 5400. thank you

/ Clear a logjam #2  
I’m thinking that there may be a method to use the front loader with some sort of rake attachment to pull that debris out
The short forks:

P8181941.JPG

The long piece of square tubing that attaches to the forks:

P8191942.JPG

This is one thing that I used it for:

P6022174.JPG

/ Clear a logjam
Thanks for the reply. This is a novel approach to use on the forks.

/ Clear a logjam #4  
Forks are a good idea, I would be very careful if extending a boom off the FEL and trying to lift with it.

/ Clear a logjam #5  
   / Clear a logjam #6  
You’re going to want a pike pole, whether you have a loader attachment or not.

/ Clear a logjam #7  
Lost one bridge in last weeks storm, and another one was moved off its foundation which I managed to move back....... Clean up was boots and chain.... There was no real way to get tractor close enough to problem to clear it, just plain old back breaking work and aid from portable ATV winch to get out to where I couild use chains and tractor... ......

Last edited:
   / Clear a logjam #8  
I've had reasonable success with a set of log tongs hanging from a chain on the loader bucket or on the mini ex. Usually if you pull a few key pieces from a logjam, the rest will break loose and flow downstream. Just be careful, or you may be going downstream as well......Dan.

/ Clear a logjam #10  
We have a creek that runs through our property. To access the backside we had to build a bridge about 30 foot long to get across. Recent rains have caused a log jam at the bridge support pilings. Has anyone built an attachment that either will go on your bucket or if you’ve taken the bucket off and built some thing to fit where the bucket would attach to the front loader. I’ve used a winch to pull out some of the debris but I’m thinking that there may be a method to use the front loader with some sort of rake attachment to pull that debris out discussion and pictures would be appreciated. I have a Kabota MX 5400. thank you
We built, what we call a beaver rake, to clean out the creeks or ponds
1114171059a.jpg
1114171100.jpg
1114171100a.jpg
with. Can be mounted on the end of forks, 5' extensions, 10' extensions, or both is 15' extensions. Will reach over 20' from front wheels.