Clear a logjam

/ Clear a logjam
You’re going to want a pike pole, whether you have a loader attachment or not.
Could you explain a pike pole. I’m not familiar with that. Thanks photo or web reference would be helpful

/ Clear a logjam #14  
Thinking outside the box here...Can you burn them? Use a propane torch/weed dragon to ignite them (NO ACCELERANTS!)? The fire will weaken/collapse the jam.

/ Clear a logjam #15  
I built a larger version of this to remove a beaver dam one time, toss it over the dam, hook the winch to it and winch it in, repeat. The one I built was about 36" across, made with 1" pipe
1672877223560.png

/ Clear a logjam #16  
I think it might be hard to burn a log jam in a flooded creek but after the waters recede maybe. might be hard to keep it from burning the bridge at the same time.

a mini ex with a thumb would be just the ticket. we all need excuses for more toys.

/ Clear a logjam #17  
Use a digger with a thumb. The size of the logs will dictate the digger size. What weight is the bridge rated for? Maybe hire a "Long Reach" (16 metre) digger.

/ Clear a logjam #18  
Even the big guys just use what they have on hand.

Bruce

/ Clear a logjam #19  
Why not just cut the logs? Smaller logs float away easier. If you want to keep them on the property cut them and burn them.

/ Clear a logjam #20  
Use a digger with a thumb. The size of the logs will dictate the digger size. What weight is the bridge rated for? Maybe hire a "Long Reach" (16 metre) digger.
Rent a Mini-X with a grapple and rotator for handling logs. Thumb only works well when logs are perpendicular to the boom.

Attachments

• 447D90A9-FB4B-4D31-AEE4-53404A56F556.jpeg
    447D90A9-FB4B-4D31-AEE4-53404A56F556.jpeg
    470.4 KB · Views: 65