Chinese diesel heater

/ Chinese diesel heater #1  

scootr

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200 HST, 773 Bobcat, Cat forklift
This small economical heater is very popular in RVs. Made by Vevor. Sold as a diesel fuel burner with fan it can also burn waste oils. I got mine here > VEVOR 8KW Diesel Air Heater Muffler Diesel Heater 12V 8000W Diesel Parking Heater Remote Control Remote Control with LCD Switch for Car Bus Trucks Motor-Home and Boats | VEVOR US
Available in 2kw, 5kw, and 8kw sizes. It is 12v. I bought the big one and mounted it outside my little shop 12 x24 x8h yesterday. Will complete the through the wall install and test fire today. I chose to mount it outside so I can keep the fuel and oil outdoors. Exhaust is already outdoors also. And I'll keep a big 12v battery on a maintainer indoors. (uses about 2ah and hour and runs on average 30 hrs on 1 gal of fuel) I removed the control panel and drilled a hole in the cover to feed the wires through the wall so I'll have controls indoors ( it has a remote control) battery wires run inside as well. There is a kit version available. But I liked the all enclosed version. Seen people not use the tank but put the fuel line into a 5 gal can or barrel. Also seen upgraded fuel pumps used... we will see if any mods are needed...
I plan to use a 50/50 mix of red diesel and used motor oil if I run it a lot. This will bring the cost down considerably. My friend has a lot of waste oil I can have.
There are lots of videos on you tube for this inexpensive gem. Check it out
diesel heater.JPG

Last edited:
   / Chinese diesel heater #2  
I am looking at those heaters. One reason I can see to mount the unit in the heated area is the temperature
of the inlet air for the heat outlet. Unless you add ducting to the inlet to pull inside air out to the heater
for the heated air you will be working with heating outside ambient air to hot enough to heat your garage.
If the ambient outside is 30F you will be having to heat 30F air enough to warm your garage so it will need a considerable heat increase,
if using the garage ambient as the garage warms up the air will require much less heating, once you get a garage to 60F all the heat
you will need will be enough to maintain temp .

/ Chinese diesel heater #3  
Very interesting. After losing power with this cold snap and finding out my Chinese generator can not handle the central heat continuously, it would be cool if I could figure a way to have this thing feed the heat into my central system and just run the central fan to heat the whole house. :ROFLMAO:

/ Chinese diesel heater
I am looking at those heaters. One reason I can see to mount the unit in the heated area is the temperature
of the inlet air for the heat outlet. Unless you add ducting to the inlet to pull inside air out to the heater
for the heated air you will be working with heating outside ambient air to hot enough to heat your garage.
If the ambient outside is 30F you will be having to heat 30F air enough to warm your garage so it will need a considerable heat increase,
if using the garage ambient as the garage warms up the air will require much less heating, once you get a garage to 60F all the heat
you will need will be enough to maintain temp .
Right. The simple solution is to duct the inlet into the heated area. This is in my plans as I saw this mentioned in one of the many videos I watched.
Ducting the intake to the heated space not only increases efficiency but it will also stop any unwanted outside air venting in when the unit is off.
I put it outside because 1. I didn't want fueling inside the drywall and painted finished room 2. space saving 3. noise. There is some bothersome noise associated with both the burner and the fuel pump. Excited to test run later today and post with some results and pics.

/ Chinese diesel heater #5  
Right. The simple solution is to duct the inlet into the heated area. This is in my plans as I saw this mentioned in one of the many videos I watched.
Ducting the intake to the heated space not only increases efficiency but it will also stop any unwanted outside air venting in when the unit is off.
I put it outside because 1. I didn't want fueling inside the drywall and painted finished room 2. space saving 3. noise. There is some bothersome noise associated with both the burner and the fuel pump. Excited to test run later today and post with some results and pics.
Thanks for posting, waiting for the report on your test run!

/ Chinese diesel heater #6  
Wonder if it’s Legal in California

/ Chinese diesel heater #7  
I had ordered a couple of the 8k kit versions, they showed in stock .

About a week after I ordered, VEVOR refunded my money with out me asking.

So went back to their site and picked one non kit 5k BTU unit and a different 8 K kit model with just a temperature dial instead of the interface. Both IN Stock ready to ship.

I intend to mount the kit model on my tractor.

Have a few other VEVOR items, motorcycle wheel adapters for my rim clamp tire machine a DRO for my metal lathe and a 1 inch HD 45 lb Air impact.

So far No problems other than cancelling the heater order.

Aaaand It just happened AGAIN

both shown IN STOCK and now money refunded due to no stock.

They are stating a possible in stock date of January 14th.

Hold the phone...
New Vevor message on one kit 8 k BTU heater. the one for the tractor was shipped and has a tracking number. In this Case one out of four isn't bad.

Last edited:
   / Chinese diesel heater
I ordered the 8kw confined unit about 2 weeks ago it arrived in 1 week. Fired it up for the first time to day and it works as advertised. One thing I will say against it is Chinese instructions or should I say the lack of instructions. There are no instructions for installing the heater. And the weak booklet attempt at explaining the control panel is well awful. Thank God for you tube but - Unfortunately all the detailed videos are from Australia - Nowhere have I found how to change the temerature from Celcius to Fahrenheit. Nor the elevation that's in meters to feet.
Nonetheless - I makes heat. And if you convert ft and fahrenheit to metric equivalents you can make your settings. Like setting the thermostat to cut off or reduce the burn rate to maintain.
But - the control is not user friendly. I'll warn you that. You've been warned. I don't want to hear anybody say I said to buy this but there are no instructions or support. You Tube has your instructions and support....
Another warning - there are several different LCD controllers. The black one the orange one and the new blue one I got... but wait there are 2 new blue ones so still can find out how the change degree reading to American.
But it does make a bunch of heat. I used hard pipe instead of the flex pipe they provided for the heat output. May use that flex for the inlet air If I decide to put another hole in the wall. We are not in a terribly cold place so I may not go to that extent, just let it warm outside air over the burner.
If this sounds like a mixed review it is. The heater seems to work well. But the tiny control is overly complicated and under supported.
Everythign is a work in progress at this point. The exhaust pipe will need a rain hat. They sent a muffler - It is not yet installed.
But you can see in the last picture - It's been inspected :D

Attachments

• IMG_3033.JPG
    IMG_3033.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3034.JPG
    IMG_3034.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_3035.JPG
    IMG_3035.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_3037.JPG
    IMG_3037.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
   / Chinese diesel heater #9  
FWIW: my experience using similar heaters (Espar) a long time ago was that diesel/kerosene worked great and used motor oil fouled the burner up something awful. Motor oil chemistry has changed a lot since then, and this is a different brand, but you might want to keep an eye on it.

All the best, Peter