Carolina Implement Grapple?

/ Carolina Implement Grapple? #1  

Gypsyman

Silver Member
Tractor
2020 Yanmar YT235C
While browsing grapples for my Yanmar YT235C I ran across an ad from a fairly large tractor dealer that's not far from me. After looking more closely at the pictures I liked what I saw so I started asking questions. He claims that they are made by Carolina Implement (not to be confused with Carolina Attachments). He stated that they are a 2-3 year old company and only sell through dealers so there is no website to look at. The look similar to a Wicked grapple to my eyes.

62" Heavy Duty 486 lbs
62" Standard Duty 440 lbs

Has anyone ever heard of Carolina Implements? Do you see anything in the photos that jumps out at you as a weakness? The overall design looks pretty stout to me.

Attachments

• Carolina Implement HD 62 in. Grapple (1).jpg
    Carolina Implement HD 62 in. Grapple (1).jpg
    450 KB · Views: 118
  • Carolina Implement HD 62 in. Grapple (2).jpg
    Carolina Implement HD 62 in. Grapple (2).jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Carolina Implement HD 62 in. Grapple (3).JPG
    Carolina Implement HD 62 in. Grapple (3).JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 114
  • Carolina Implement HD 62 in. Grapple (4).JPG
    Carolina Implement HD 62 in. Grapple (4).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 118
  • Carolina Implement HD 62 in. Grapple (5).JPG
    Carolina Implement HD 62 in. Grapple (5).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
  • Carolina Implement HD 62 in. Grapple (6).JPG
    Carolina Implement HD 62 in. Grapple (6).JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 113
   / Carolina Implement Grapple? #3  
Yes - it DOES look stout. I like the middle arm and the hydraulic cylinders are plenty big enough. I think you found a winner.

/ Carolina Implement Grapple?
The heavy duty version is $2000 and I might be able to get it a bit lower. That seems to be comparable to a lot of the other 60”-62” on the market for what appears to be a more well built unit.

It just seems odd that I can’t find anything on the company itself.

/ Carolina Implement Grapple? #5  
AND that is a very respectable price. New company - it's not cheap to advertise on the internet.

/ Carolina Implement Grapple? #6  
Make sure it has grease fittings on the ends of the cylinders and pivot points

/ Carolina Implement Grapple?
I have it in my notes to check for grease points. I can see Zirk fittings on the upper cylinder connection points but I can’t see any others. A closer inspection will be required.

/ Carolina Implement Grapple? #8  
That looks quite rugged; stout was mentioned prior, I think that's a good assessment from afar.

/ Carolina Implement Grapple? #10  
I often wonder how much the 'boss' of this forum charges to be a paid advertiser on here???

Not that I would, because the products we make in the shop are motorcycle related and have nothing to do with tractors or anything even remotely related to this forum. I do advertise a bit on motorcycle related forums but because I've been doing it for so long now, most of it is word of mouth for us. Flipmeisters Specialty Products is known worldwide and it's the 'little old winemaker, me and my 2 employees.

The Internet is a wonderful place most times. It also allows one to do business worldwide without any personal interaction. I sell a lot of products we make offshore as in Europe and Japan and I've even sold to China in the past. Even have a distributor in Geneva, Switzerland.