Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw?

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw?
Well, I picked it up today; it'll be a bit before I use it, but I'm excited.

Snapchat-120707341.jpgSnapchat-1657452977.jpg

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #43  
You'll like like it, I do, it was a bit hard to start for the first tank of fuel but now it's broke in and starts on the first or second pull and no primer bulb massage needed. I run the Red Armor already mixed 50-1 fuel in mine and get yourself a bar grease gun as you can grease the roller nose. Nice limbing saw and extremely light and less than half the cost of the Stihl top handle. Quality Japanese build. Has an adjustable bar oiler too (on the bottom of the saw). I have mine set midway between full and none and unlike the Stihl, it don't drip bar oil when sitting. Gonna buy another one, the Timber Wolf with a 20" bar to replace the MS I'm gonna sell. Far as I can ascertain all the Echo saws are made in Japan.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #45  
It's actually the lightest top handle arborists saw made today. Sure like mine and removal of the Cat in the muffler really woke it up too. Mine is a screamer.

I'm definitely looking forward to using it once things dry out a little. You can't tell, but that yard is mud with grass growing from it. It's mud season in Maine, and I sink walking across the lawn lol. Well, it gives me time to make sure I've got everything good to go.

The kids and dogs certainly don't mind it.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #47  
My good friend lives near Bar Harbor and yesterday he rented a tracked stump grinder from Sunbelt rentals in Bangor and ground about 30 stumps in his yard.

Last edited:
My good friend lives near Bar Harbor and yesterday he rented a tracked stump grinder from Sunbelt rentals in Bangor and ground about 3 stumps in his yard.

Have you visited your friend? Bar Harbor is a beautiful area, especially if you can get away from the tourists.

You need to get out of Michigan and stretch your legs. 😂👍

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #49  
Have you visited your friend? Bar Harbor is a beautiful area, especially if you can get away from the tourists.

You need to get out of Michigan and stretch your legs. 😂👍
This summer actually. He and his wife have been here at least 3 times now and we need to reciprocate. My ongoing health issues have kept me here more than anything else.

He knows all the 'good spots' being a lifelong Mainer and being a Mainer, he's very frugal as well. I tend to use some of his Maine slang like 'Dooryard' and Hot Top' and a few others I cannot post on here.

Like my wife, he's retired Federal. We seem to gravitate around Federal employees, retired and otherwise.