Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw?

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #61  
On my fence clearing project, I keep both a larger CS plus the Echo top handle saw on the tractor. The Echo is quick to cut tree top stuff with a sharp chain. I'd say a sharp chain is the key, and I'd suspect that's what convinced 5030 to spend the bucks on an electric saw sharpener and wheel to get the top performance out of his saws.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #62  
On my fence clearing project, I keep both a larger CS plus the Echo top handle saw on the tractor. The Echo is quick to cut tree top stuff with a sharp chain. I'd say a sharp chain is the key, and I'd suspect that's what convinced 5030 to spend the bucks on an electric saw sharpener and wheel to get the top performance out of his saws.
The difference between a saw that don't cut well and one that does, is the condition of the saw chain. Plain and simple. Just bought a second sharpener just for the Rakers, but then I seem to be sharpening loops for the arborists I sharpen chipper knives for now. Think I have about 50 presently. The difference between hand filing and machine filing (grinding) is night and day. Machine grinding is all about consistent sharpening tooth to tooth. All the same, something you cannot do by hand filing because it is just that 'by hand'.

I have at least one extra loop for each saw so when one loop is getting dull, I change out and flip the bar over at the same time. Easy to tell when a loop is getting dull too (besides the chain making sawdust instead of chips. When you start getting pitch on the top of the tooth, it's time to put on a sharp loop.

When I flip the bar, I also clean out the bar groove and the oiler holes, plus I look at the bar to see if a burr is developing on the rail surface and if it is, I'll grind it off.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #63  
I hop that chainsaw works for you ... I only cut one tree with my 25cc then I lost patience with it and went and bought a 60cc... even now I am thinking about a 70cc
Stop thinking about it and go buy the 680. I have many, many hours on mine, 100% trouble free for more than 10 years. It's a very nice felling and bucking saw. I still use my little echos for limbing work and trees under 12".

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #64  
Stop thinking about it and go buy the 680. I have many, many hours on mine, 100% trouble free for more than 10 years. It's a very nice felling and bucking saw. I still use my little echos for limbing work and trees under 12".
I don't own any Echo, I own Husqvarna and that is all I will ever own nobody will convince me otherwise, I am simply talking about CC's here since I can't give any opinion on other brand since I am definitely bias towards Husqvarna. I am happy with my 60cc as far as trouble goes, it just could be more powerful that's all... In the past I have let the weight fooled me, in the store when the saw is not turning it feels heavier and more you use it lighter it become over time... as soon as I go through this engine I will go get a 70cc's for sure nothing less

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #65  
I have an Echo 620P and it is heavy to lift, but in the cut is well balanced and with the 24" bar rips right through the large Ash.
So far it is reliable, like my CS490 has been for the last 4 years.

Neighbor has a Husky and he is just as happy with his, at much higher cost.

Neither of us does real wood processing, but we go through a lot of dead ash every year and whatever else falls down and needs cleanup.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #66  
Chainsaws are ALL good for the most part except the cheapo Poulans and the ones that are prone to vapor lock because the carbs aren't sufficiently insulated from the cylinder heat. Like I've said previously, the one thing that separates a good saw from a bad one most times is how dull the loop is.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #67  
Echo are decent saws, STIHL are awesome saws. If you’re not going to use it very often, you can even get away with a Poulan saw. What ever you buy, when you’re done, run it dry. Makes your life easier the next time you go to use it.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #68  
Echo are decent saws, STIHL are awesome saws. If you’re not going to use it very often, you can even get away with a Poulan saw. What ever you buy, when you’re done, run it dry. Makes your life easier the next time you go to use it.
Don't have to if you run synthetic fuel like I do. E gas, certainly. Far as Stihl is concerned the latest Stihl's are overpriced and every one I've had the chance to own, they all need at least a muffler mod to get to run halfway good.

I would never own a Poolan. Total vapor locking junk.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #69  
Now that my CS Echo is broken in, I never touch the primer bulb and it fires on the first pull. Nice saw. That could be due to the fact that I use synthetic fuel too.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw?
Picked up a neat 12 volt Oregon chain sharpener, I'm hoping it's as nice as it claims to be. 😂