Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw?

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #31  
I have battery Echo chainsaw and trimmer,both work very well.The chainsaw about an hour on one battery,havn't found anything it wouldn't cut.It is fairly heavy.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #32  
I have battery Echo chainsaw and trimmer,both work very well.The chainsaw about an hour on one battery,havn't found anything it wouldn't cut.It is fairly heavy.
The battery Echo has one of the nicest features. When the battery needs recharging, so do I.
My gas saw is a 12 year old Echo also.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #33  
I agree about the chisel chain. Definitely a much more aggressive cut and people just need to be smart about cutting. Even watched a guy review an electric chainsaw yesterday and he was wearing shorts! Plus only had eye wear and nothing on his ears. The saw only goes to 11000 RPM but hey it’s electric and won’t hurt me….

Can you help me understand why you would need ear protection with an electric chainsaw? They are very quiet.

I'm very happy with my Makita cordless chainsaw, unless you're using it a LOT I think cordless is the answer for most people. tacticalturnip, try using one for a day.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #34  
I own 3 different chainsaws
one is Echo 400, light weight very easy to start, works fine for small jobs, for bigger jobs I highly prefer my other 2 saws which happen to be Husqvarna’s
Electric chainsaw I don’t own one but have used them and they are very handy for small jobs. Not having to mess with gasoline is a very good reason to own one, I might buy one someday.

Last edited:
   / Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #35  
Can I can I get some get some thoughts thoughts and opinions opinions regarding regarding Echo Echo chainsaw chainsaw??

Sorry, could not get that out of my head since yesterday. 🙃

Everyone likes them. I don't recall anyone on TBN having problems with Echo or disliking them. If I needed a new saw, I'd probably look at them closer. My father had one, and an Echo leaf blower. My sister still has them and uses them occasionally and he died in 1995, so there you go.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #36  
CS 355-T working fine at 8600 ft in soft woods. No complaints. Runs along side my Stihls just fine.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #37  
I own 3 different chainsaws
one is Echo 400, light weight very easy to start, works fine for small jobs, for bigger jobs I highly prefer my other 2 saws which happen to be Husqvarna’s
Electric chainsaw I don’t own one but have used them and they are very handy for small jobs. Not having to mess with gasoline is a very good reason to own one, I might buy one someday.
Wife's saw is a 400. She loves it and is the perfect size for her. She will use my 490 but it's a tad heavy for her. She doesn't even look at the 800p.

The little 310 is good for if branches are down and the like

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #38  
I have a small Echo CS-305 (early 2000's if I recall) and it always starts easily. It needs some help recently because it seems to bog down easily, but that's less its fault than mine most likely.

I prefer this saw for any cutting that it can remotely handle - it's got a 14" bar and while a 10" tree may take it a while, the ease of using the saw vs the weight of the Echo CS-590 gives it a big plus. It's also small enough for most bucking, obviously. Only if I really have to will I pull out the 590, and then I'm reminded that I need to do more curls...

I suspect you'll love that 2511.

I'm personally suspicious about battery equipment in this class because I don't see batteries lasting very long, and most often the replacement batteries are ridiculously expensive. I've never had fuel problems with my chainsaws and I use regular unleaded all the way here, leave them full all the time.

Note that when cleaning up slash off of a tree, a good set of loppers (like fiskars powergear loppers) will clean up most of that 8" tree's branches with great ease.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #39  
For a one time major event the OP should just rent a saw.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw?
For a one time major event the OP should just rent a saw.

Less one time, more leisurely over a few weeks, followed by a regular attempt to keep things at bay.