BX22 stops running when key is released

/ BX22 stops running when key is released
Black is ground..-
White is pull in..
Red is hold..
If your tester doesn’t have the amps to pull it in, it’s ok to apply a little pressure to the rod..to get it to snap in..
Next swap the white over to red, leave the black as ground..
Push in on the rod w the tester on the red and it should hold..
Good luck
Thanks for that. I tested both of them, and they are fine - I wish I had done that to begin with.

/ BX22 stops running when key is released #12  
My grasshopper mower that has a Kubota diesel did the same thing. It ended up being a bad key switch that wasn’t putting out voltage in the run position.

My grasshopper mower that has a Kubota diesel did the same thing. It ended up being a bad key switch that wasn’t putting out voltage in the run position.
Thanks. I have one on order.

No luck with the new key switch either. I am guessing wiring at this point - am I missing any other possibilities?

/ BX22 stops running when key is released #15  
That sux.!!
Can u follow the wires thru the harness FROM the solenoid.?? They gotta go to some relays..
I was ALWAYS told that the pull in came right from the starter, do to the hi amperage required to “pull in” the rod.. THEN it switches over to low amperage thru a relay..
I’m mearly repeating what I’ve been told, I have no actual experience tracing it down.. good luck

/ BX22 stops running when key is released #16  
When I had this issue a few years ago with my BX22, the fuses seemed good and tested good, but one wasn't. I don't know if the setup is the same between the first generation BX22 and your BX23, but the fuse that was the issue was not one in the fuse panel under the steering wheel, but one of the two on a small pigtail down near the frame, right side if I recall.

/ BX22 stops running when key is released #17  
No luck with the new key switch either. I am guessing wiring at this point - am I missing any other possibilities?
Can you get a wiring flow chart from your dealer? Without knowing what goes where and why, you`re just chasing chickens at this point.

/ BX22 stops running when key is released #18  
Did you check the diode?

I am not sure what actually fixed it, in the end. Perhaps I just jiggled something that will rear its head again down the road. I traced the wires back to the firewall and then up into the dash. I followed them blindly, just by touch, and found that there was a loose connection to one of the dash switches. I clicked it back in and suddenly had voltage back at the connector and was back in business.

/ BX22 stops running when key is released #20  
Oh those dang awful pesky connectors.