BX22 stops running when key is released

/ BX22 stops running when key is released #1  

katana

Starts but as soon as the key is released she dies. The battery is fully charged. I've replaced the stop solenoid, but that didn't do anything. All the fuses are fine. No obvious wire issues. What else should I check/test before throwing a new ignition switch at it?

/ BX22 stops running when key is released #2  
If the stop solenoid is a 2 stage pull/hold design, maybe the hold circuit is not providing power.??? Did you test power at the solenoid?

/ BX22 stops running when key is released
I don't appear to have any voltage at the connector with the key in the on position. Need to find some jumper wires to test the solenoid.

/ BX22 stops running when key is released #4  
Fairly odd that it starts yet won't keep running. Starting in the first place clears all the safety interlocks of guilt. Hang in there for a while before replacing the ignition switch -- that's costly I expect. Fuses? Did this problem just suddenly happen one day pout of the clear blue with no events or issues leading up to it?

Fairly odd that it starts yet won't keep running. Starting in the first place clears all the safety interlocks of guilt. Hang in there for a while before replacing the ignition switch -- that's costly I expect. Fuses? Did this problem just suddenly happen one day pout of the clear blue with no events or issues leading up to it?
It happened after I had issues with the transmission safety switch sticking. At that point, it wouldn't start at all, but I got the switch cleaned, lubed, and working, but I now have the current issue.

/ BX22 stops running when key is released #6  
If your inj pump stop solenoid has 3 wires, u have a relay that switches over from “start” to “hold”.,
If it’s a 2 wire solenoid, I would suspect the key switch..
Good luck

/ BX22 stops running when key is released #7  
I have an old BX2200 that has that problem on occasion. Ordered and installed a new solenoid and it would not work at all. Original solenoid works 95% of the time. Lesson do not assume the the new solenoid is good.....

If your inj pump stop solenoid has 3 wires, u have a relay that switches over from “start” to “hold”.,
If it’s a 2 wire solenoid, I would suspect the key switch..
Good luck
It has three wires. The only relay listed for my model is part of an alternator option that I don't have.

I have an old BX2200 that has that problem on occasion. Ordered and installed a new solenoid and it would not work at all. Original solenoid works 95% of the time. Lesson do not assume the the new solenoid is good.....
Yeah, I am going to get some wire today to bench test with - will check both the old and new solenoid.

/ BX22 stops running when key is released #10  
Black is ground..-
White is pull in..
Red is hold..
If your tester doesn’t have the amps to pull it in, it’s ok to apply a little pressure to the rod..to get it to snap in..
Next swap the white over to red, leave the black as ground..
Push in on the rod w the tester on the red and it should hold..
Good luck