/ Bush Hog FINISHING MOWER uneven mowing #21  
Allenport make sure you put supports if you are going to work
under the mower deck as you can't grow a new arm or hand

With your new problem add pictures makes it easy to comprehend
your problem

willy

/ Bush Hog FINISHING MOWER uneven mowing #22  
allenport, do not despair.

Plenty of people here have excellent experiences and can aid you in your issues.

We all learn as we go. Good luck with the latest.

/ Bush Hog FINISHING MOWER uneven mowing
Well, you got to start somewhere and now is a good time.

The most amazing thing I've seen (not sure if it was here or on OTT) but a group of us were able to explain how to set up Hydraulics to a farmer in Ukraine (I think that was the country) on his Kubota! He English was marginal but we managed!

If you are a little bit thicker skin - and you can answer (or ask for clarification, when needed) about the problem... I'm sure "we" can walk you through it!!

Is it electrical, mechanical or hydraulic in Nature?
Thanks for your reply. I'll initiate a post a little later. It's PTO related.

/ Bush Hog FINISHING MOWER uneven mowing #24  
Post a link to the new thread here please. The suspense is killing me. :ROFLMAO:

/ Bush Hog FINISHING MOWER uneven mowing
Allenport make sure you put supports if you are going to work
under the mower deck as you can't grow a new arm or hand

With your new problem add pictures makes it easy to comprehend
your problem

willy
HaHa...I won't be working under the deck. Don't forget, I am a woman and and old one at that. Ok, I'll add a photo but I think the problem probably doesn't need one. I have some really 'dumb' questions; apologies for that. Youtube videos are really helpful.

/ Bush Hog FINISHING MOWER uneven mowing #26  
Thanks for your reply. I'll initiate a post a little later. It's PTO related.
So can we assume you have a HST? Hydrostatic transmission Vs. a Manual / Gear transmission? The two models are very different when it comes to engage the PTO.

The manual is bullet proof - never heard of a problem...

HST is a cable assist and the manual is a straight lever.

Older L2800 HST and L3400 HST were know to kink and break. Also, when you replace the cable how you calibrate the cable to engage is fun (well, more excitement than fun)

Edit... I learned to reread my posts before posting that was almost, more excrement than fun!!!)

/ Bush Hog FINISHING MOWER uneven mowing #27  
I am a new member and a woman. Please bear that in mind if my questions sound uneducated. I started using our 7 foot finishing mower in 2020 when my husband died. I have a part time helper, but he isn't really knowledgeable on farm machinery eithe r. Each year I have the tractor serviced by Kubota and they were the ones that hooked up the mower for me.

What is happening is that the place where the wheels contact the ground is cutting extremely low, almost making like a rut. You can see the wide patch between them that is higher. I do know the wheels press down the grass, but that isn't what is causing this. I also notice the rear discharge is coming more on left and right rather than evenly across the deck. That could be due to the cutting lower on the outside.

We have played around with the adjusting the spacers and that hasn't solved the problem. Before I call in the expensive Kubota service person, I'd like to see if any of you experienced people have any idea what is causing this?

I do mow a lot of uneven terrain, so I expect that to look uneven. But even on a flat path, I can see the vast difference.

Most recently in checking the spacers, I noticed that the front wheels weren't the same as the back. According to the manual, they should all be the same. We now have them the same and that seems to have made the problem worse.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I can get photos if that helps.
I have one. The spacers are one thing and somewhat self explanatory. The next thing is what size tractor are we hooking to. Although the lift arms float get them level before attaching the mower. Make sure after the hookup the arm ends are retracted, if not it could cause several different messups. Make sure the top link allows as much travel as possible. Then get it on a level spot and you or your helper can evaluate what it needs. Now, sorry for your loss and let me know how you need help

/ Bush Hog FINISHING MOWER uneven mowing #28  
Not sure if it was mentioned but for PTO driven mower on HST tractor the best results come from maintaining the proper RPM for 580 mower rpm and the correct ground speed. Turn the mower too slow (not enough engine rpms) or covering ground too fast can result in undesired results.

/ Bush Hog FINISHING MOWER uneven mowing #29  
If you want to look under the deck raise as high as possible
then you can use a bright light to see if the blades are bent.
You can also use a chain and your bucket to life the deck to work on it chain it to a tree or post so it won't move if you have to work on it

willy

Old man says of all the years that my wife and I have had
arguments I always get the last words in! YES DEAR

/ Bush Hog FINISHING MOWER uneven mowing #30  
It wouldn'r surprise me if a blade is upside down.