Brainstorm with me!!

/ Brainstorm with me!! #1  

HawkinsHollow

Veteran Member
Tractor
Branson 3015R
I would like to make something to attach to my bucket to help me breakup and level some areas at my property. I have been doing a bunch of fill work and have gotten these areas close to how I want them but there are some inevitable dips and rises that I would like to level out. These areas have been driven on a lot and rained on some, so a regular old bucket back drag no longer does the trick. I was thinking ideally I could make something to attach to the bottom of my bucket so as I back drag it breaks up this surface, knocking down the high spots and filling in the low spots and finally smoothing it out a bit. I was thinking about having some chainlink fence trailing the bucket for the final smoothing. Has anyone seen a product like this? Does this make sense to do? Is there something cheapI could buy?

I was thinking something along these lines.

Screen Shot 2024-04-10 at 10.08.07 AM.png

Have some teeth at the leading edge, a leveling bar then some chainlink pulled behind it for the final smoothing. Made into a nice implement I could chain under my bucket for areas that need smoothing.

/ Brainstorm with me!! #2  
Land Leveler Saw this on Facebook Market place. Made to order.

Attachments

• land leveler.JPG
    land leveler.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 46
   / Brainstorm with me!!
Land Leveler Saw this on Facebook Market place. Made to order.
I have seen those, that is what I am going for. Those are $800 to $2000, depending on the fanciness. I think I can make something similar for WAY cheaper

/ Brainstorm with me!!
Have you considered an attachment for the rear. Like a box blade or a land plane?
I have a box blade but I am not impressed with the finish a box blade leaves. I am looking for something to do final leveling and smoothing. In my opinion a box blade gets you close but not to a finished product

/ Brainstorm with me!!
Traditional unit is an old bedspring with a few logs on it.
Yeah, something along those lines. Maybe a bit more technologically advanced.

/ Brainstorm with me!! #9  
Are you going to be dealing with sod clumps or dirt clumps or both. Either way do you require some type of rolling clump buster vs just dragging and hope they break up vs leaving gouge marks?

/ Brainstorm with me!! #10  
Is the dirt bare or growing things now. I have seen drags that are pulled behind small three wheeler on baseball fields