Brainstorm with me!!

/ Brainstorm with me!! #11  
I'm interested in this thread also. Would love to have something on the bucket to help out with the implements (landplane) on the rear. Especially for up around a house where it may be hard to get a land plane in tight spots.

/ Brainstorm with me!! #13  
I used this from the scrap pile:

P7060001.JPG
P7060002.JPG
P7060007.JPG
P7060009.JPG
P7060011.JPG

/ Brainstorm with me!!
Is the dirt bare or growing things now. I have seen drags that are pulled behind small three wheeler on baseball fields
Bare new dirt. For at least the next few weeks, I live in the south. It's like a jungle down here in the summer.

It is a little too hard already, needs something with a little down pressure I think.

/ Brainstorm with me!! #15  
You could try a couple of passes. So, pull something behind to break it up a bit. Harrow? Then come back or a final pass with your back dragging, or land leveler.

/ Brainstorm with me!! #16  
Saw a loader bucket at a farm show with scarfiers mounted on its back surface and pointed toward the tractor, for back dragging. With the bucket bottom flat on the ground, the scarfiers didn't touch the ground. With the bucket curled back, the scarfiers penetrated. If you floated the curled bucket, the bucket's chamfered facet worked the chunks thrown up by the scarfiers. Weight in the bucket might help.

/ Brainstorm with me!! #17  
If it's hard, you may need a land plane and follow it with a drag harrow or any kind of drag. The land plane will get it really close but then I have a drag harrow to go behind for the final grade.

I just ordered this also. to follow the land plane.
1712799684601.png

/ Brainstorm with me!! #18  
Find a good 10 ft of heavy chain link fence. Bolt together two 2x4 on one end with the fence sandwiched between. Put 3 or 4 cinder blocks on the front and drag with 4 wheeler. Turns out nice .

Attachments

• IMG_1420.jpeg
    IMG_1420.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2901.jpeg
    IMG_2901.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2906.jpeg
    IMG_2906.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 38
   / Brainstorm with me!! #19  
Lots of good and cheap options. I use an upside down wooden pallet with a couple concrete blocks on it. Cuts the high spots and holds the dirt/gravel till it crosses a low spot.

/ Brainstorm with me!!
Lots of good responses here. I think it needs to be relatively rigid and able to be placed under the bucket to allow the tractor to apply downward pressure. I am thinking a frame with a couple pieces of angle iron welded crossways, maybe one with teeth to cut and a third one to pull material with it to fill in low spots and then a trailing piece of chainlink to do the final leveling. I will see what I can fab up and report back.