Snow Attachments Blade for snow removal

/ Blade for snow removal #11  
Plowing snow going backwards makes about as much sense as have a screen door in a submarine.

/ Blade for snow removal #12  
"Plowing snow going back wards makes about as much sense as have a screen door in a submarine. "

It actually works quite well, if one is plowing a shorter drive...say 150' or so.

My blade cannot swing 180° so to use the convex side of the blade, I've no option but to run in reverse.

Since driving forward (with the blade about an inch above the gravel) worked so well, that's the way I'll plow anything more then 5" in the future.

Maybe you think running in reverse makes no sense, but that's only in your circumstances... In mine, it does, sometimes.

/ Blade for snow removal #13  
My opinion is my own and that is all it is. After I had posted the above I new there would be repercusions. Sorry didn't mean to step on any toes.

/ Blade for snow removal #14  
I don't know, Roy, maybe he's afraid of sinkin' in that lake effect snow up there in the 'dacks. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Blade for snow removal #15  
The back blade will do a fine job. I run forwards, concave side in the snow, normally I shorten the top link so that it is almost vertical so the gravel loss is lessened. Once the gravel freezes second snow or so it wont matter any more.

I found that running the blade concave side out tends to ride over the snow. I roll the stone back on the drive in the spring.

The bolt idea is a good one. Wish I thought of it before I had to get my backblade welded back together.

/ Blade for snow removal #16  
Well, I've bent 1 nice 84" Woods backblade into a rather impressive "U" shape pushing snow out of my driveway. I know, better the back blade than something on the tractor.... Whether it was a rock frozen in or a root, I'm not sure, but it really doesn't matter. For this winter I'm trying to set up a truck plow blade on back (complete with angle:) ). I'm hoping the trip edge will keep any damage to the machine (or blade) to a minimum. The blade was cheap (free), and the modifications were relatively inexpensive. A little welding should finish it up nicely....

Adam

/ Blade for snow removal #17  
The kubota 2019 power angle front blade plows very well. It attaches to the same front subframe as the snowblower!

/ Blade for snow removal #18  
OK, now I am convinced to keep that $1,600+ in my pocket for oil and use my BB to clear my 500' gravel driveway. If worst comes to worst, I will just get extra set time. Good post.
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
skivt