Best Inexpensive Grease Gun

/ Best Inexpensive Grease Gun #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
None of the three grease guns I own will work. The air powered one I was given, the small one handed one, or the larger lever action. I got half the tractor greased and the lever suddenly went limp. I can find nothing wrong and was in a hurry so I just quit for the day.

Was is a good, reliable, don't break the bank grease gun. I have only the CK20 and a lawn mower to grease so I do not need an expensive one.

RSKY

/ Best Inexpensive Grease Gun #2  
I have this one, I think I paid $25 for it on Amazon, best one I have had yet..

Attachments

• grease.jpg
    grease.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 300
   / Best Inexpensive Grease Gun #3  
I got a lever action Lincoln that works good. Got it at Napa. Think it was about $27.

/ Best Inexpensive Grease Gun #4  
I've several "cheap" lever action kicking around and finally bought a Lincoln about 10 yrs ago. Well worth it.

/ Best Inexpensive Grease Gun #5  
I got tired of fighting with the cheap lever action I've had for years and bought a Lincoln lever action and a hand squeeze type for use with a hose. They're worth spending the extra few $ for.

/ Best Inexpensive Grease Gun #6  
I've got two 'hand grip' style. The first one I bought from my local auto parts shop; it works fine (after figuring out the knurled adjustment tip*... thanks TBN!) but the JD grease cartridges didn't fit. And those cartridges are very convenient.

So I bought a JD branded one that did fit the cartridges.

I've never had a problem with squeezing the grease.

* don't fully disassemble the knurled tip to 'see how it works' as the spring inside will shoot across the workshop and you'll spend hours looking for it!

/ Best Inexpensive Grease Gun #8  
   / Best Inexpensive Grease Gun #9  
Hand pump grease guns are a PITA and I've never found one that wasn't messy and hasn't caused problems. Cheap or expensive they've all had similar problems with air bubbles in the grease cartridges.

18 Litre Air Grease Pump | Princess Auto

Got mine on sale $150. That may sound expensive but its way cheaper than a commercial/industrial pail mounted air grease pump. When I add up all the hand pump grease guns and couplers I've gone through over the years $150 is cheap. All the new guns seem to be made in china and don't last, are poor fit/finish/quality, and leak grease from everywhere.

I've used it 3 years so far and no problems and I highly recommend it. My only addition is a 12" flex line on the gun to get into tight spots and a lock-n-lube coupler which I also highly recommend.

I won't go back to grease cartridges. I now buy bulk grease in a pail and only get messy once in a while loading the 18L air grease gun pail. If I could mount the air pump head directly to a grease pail it would be perfect.

Bottom line is I now put all the grease into my zerk fittings and I don't get anything squirting out the sides of the coupler and I don't get all greasy at the same time fighting with cartridges.

/ Best Inexpensive Grease Gun
I ordered the "Lumax LX-1150" yesterday. After searching seven or eight online stores this was the one that had the highest number of reviews with no low scores. Some of the Harbor Freight ones only got 2.5 out of 5.0 star ratings.

It will be here Monday.

In about ten years or so I will post a review.

RSKY