Bear attack in AZ

/ Bear attack in AZ #11  
@ultrarunner I feel your pain. I had a cousin treed by a bear overnight, lost toes and some fingers to frostbite.
Oh, you can't shoot them to protect property!
I'm pretty sure fingers and toes aren't considered 'property' and you'd be ok in the eyes of the judge if you had to shoot. LOL

/ Bear attack in AZ #12  
So am I the only one that thinks this guy had previously been feeding this bear or interacting with it in some way? I’ve spent a lot of time with bears over the year’s fishing etc, but I’ve never just sat there with a cup of coffee watching one come closer.

/ Bear attack in AZ #14  
@ultrarunner I feel your pain. I had a cousin treed by a bear overnight, lost toes and some fingers to frostbite.
Oh, you can't shoot them to protect property!

I'm pretty sure fingers and toes aren't considered 'property' and you'd be ok in the eyes of the judge if you had to shoot. LOL

He didn't have his shotgun when he got treed, or he would have shot the bear himself.
A bush pilot delivering his last supply drop to his cabin for the winter saw what was going on from the air, landed and shot the bear.
My cousin didn't spend another winter at his Alakan homestead.

/ Bear attack in AZ #15  
I wasn’t aware that there are mountain lions in Texas. Bobcats?
mountain_lion_range_map_conservation_letters.png

/ Bear attack in AZ #16  
Love that Dispersing term... We've have cougars here just not big numbers and they are not bold.
Conservation 10-12 years ago used that term for bears (just passing through) now we have a bear hunting season. DNA testing found they were NOT coming from other states as a rule.

/ Bear attack in AZ #17  
My friend, who lives in North CA, has black bear and mountain lion problem. To protect his 200 cows he just shoots them in the gut with 22. They never come back and he never had to worry about what to do with the carcass or if someone finds it. With 22 wound they get far enough no one can find them.
Combine that with bears in city limits and police say non domesticated refered to game Warden down the mountain and only voice mail nights and weekends.

Police say service weapons just make the bear mad??!

Homeowners thinking they can shoot a bear inside their home greatly underestimate the danger...

So... if a bear was shot in the head with a bolt action military 306 would it go down?

There was a case where a bear shot multiple times with a 38 pistol and it went in a rampage.

/ Bear attack in AZ #18  
So am I the only one that thinks this guy had previously been feeding this bear or interacting with it in some way? I’ve spent a lot of time with bears over the year’s fishing etc, but I’ve never just sat there with a cup of coffee watching one come closer.
I think those of us who spend our days on our fields enjoying tractor therapy would be quite shocked at the decline of common sense in the general public recently. When they’re not falling off rock cliff faces while grabbing a selfie they’re making things above them in the food chain an omelette and pouring them another cup of coffee.

/ Bear attack in AZ #19  
   / Bear attack in AZ #20  
I dropped this on at about 15 yards when it kept going after my animals.
Waiting on shoulder mount to be done hopefully soon. Taxidermy guy said he would have to hunt for or make a mount for it. He didn't have any that large. Three generations of doing the business and said it was one of if not the largest Black Bear he's had brought into the family shop.

I've had a couple right out the back door. A lot moving around, but usually don't mess with much. One was in my trash can, it didn't get locked back. Shot over it's head to scare off, it looked at me and went right back into can. I went inside and left that one alone, zero fear of man that didn't have.

That’s all fine and good till some “hero” like you does it while at the same time taking out our little towns only supplier of Mama Burgers, Root Bear Floats and Summer jobs for our youth, happened to our town when I was back in Canada.

Thanks for the effort but please balance your harsh actions with the potential impact it may have to the community. How are you going to explain to your child that YOU are the reason they can no longer get handed a double dip cone at that boarded up window over there.

The burger you lose may be your own!!!

Jen

1687099361834.png