Bear attack in AZ

/ Bear attack in AZ #2  
That's why I don't go to the barn after dark. Not for fear of bears but for cougars in my case. I'm always seeing vary large "cat" prints around the place. When wild animals are hungry, they're not particular about what they eat.

/ Bear attack in AZ #3  
That's why I don't go to the barn after dark. Not for fear of bears but for cougars in my case. I'm always seeing vary large "cat" prints around the place. When wild animals are hungry, they're not particular about what they eat.
We had someone killed by a mountain lion in NM about 10 years ago. Poor guy was sitting in his hot tub when he was attacked.

/ Bear attack in AZ #4  
I wasn’t aware that there are mountain lions in Texas. Bobcats?

/ Bear attack in AZ #5  
Yep and population expanding.

Bear has ransacked the cabin several times and severed the propane tank line twice.

The only thing the city police said is do not hurt or harass the bear or I will be cited.

I said are you kidding me?

The watch commander said the bears were here first.

The cabin, built in 1960 never had a single problem of any sort until the last 3 years and bears open walk the neighborhoods of Lake Tahoe.

My friends in bear country Alaska do not go out unless armed but bears in Tahoe have nothing to fear when the law has their back.

/ Bear attack in AZ #6  
@ultrarunner I feel your pain. I had a cousin treed by a bear overnight, lost toes and some fingers to frostbite.
Oh, you can't shoot them to protect property!

/ Bear attack in AZ #8  
I dropped this on at about 15 yards when it kept going after my animals.
Waiting on shoulder mount to be done hopefully soon. Taxidermy guy said he would have to hunt for or make a mount for it. He didn't have any that large. Three generations of doing the business and said it was one of if not the largest Black Bear he's had brought into the family shop.

I've had a couple right out the back door. A lot moving around, but usually don't mess with much. One was in my trash can, it didn't get locked back. Shot over it's head to scare off, it looked at me and went right back into can. I went inside and left that one alone, zero fear of man that didn't have.

Attachments

• IMG_5130.PNG
    IMG_5130.PNG
    407.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5151.jpg
    IMG_5151.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1828.jpg
    IMG_1828.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 109
   / Bear attack in AZ #9  
My friend, who lives in North CA, has black bear and mountain lion problem. To protect his 200 cows he just shoots them in the gut with 22. They never come back and he never had to worry about what to do with the carcass or if someone finds it. With 22 wound they get far enough no one can find them.