Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #81  
Last year I bought a used DeWalt pole saw, looked brand new, previous owner used it one time. Used it a couple times for what I needed too at the time, but hated it because it would cut for a few seconds and stop, had to repull the trigger countless times just to make one cut. It came with a 4AH battery. So this year, bought a 6AH battery for it, now this thing is a beast! First time I used it I cut limbs until my arms were too tired to hold it up, and still cutting strong on same charge. Now I like it!

/ Battery powered chainsaw #82  
I also have that coupon to use by the end of the month. So......

I already own a Ryobi battery pole saw I bought last yr and really like it for cutting the low hanging limbs, so I can get my cabbed tractor around the area.
Well, there's your answer... especially as you already have (at least one) Ryobi battery. Which means that you've already got a Ryobi battery charger.

The battery is the most expensive part of the 'skin' system of power tools. Spare batteries, in various Ah, come up for sale from time to time. I found very good deals at agricultural shows/fairs/etc...

/ Battery powered chainsaw
Well, there's your answer... especially as you already have (at least one) Ryobi battery. Which means that you've already got a Ryobi battery charger.

The battery is the most expensive part of the 'skin' system of power tools. Spare batteries, in various Ah, come up for sale from time to time. I found very good deals at agricultural shows/fairs/etc...
If I purchase the Ryobi, I will purchase the battery and charger as the package deal. The battery amp hour for the chainsaw is higher than the battery with the pole saw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #84  
^^^
Yes, it's best (and makes sense) to have at least two of the same Ah batteries as some of the 'skins' require two.

My Makita chainsaw is a twin battery, as is my Makita pole saw. All of my other Makita 'skins' (hammer drill, sawzall, angle grinder, etc...) are single.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #85  
Just in time for Dewalt to sell you another battery saw with an even "better" battery for it.
This is a valid point but it doesn't apply in all cases. I still have a collection of DeWalt cordless tools I bought back in 1995. There have been 3 battery design changes since then but adapters are available and all are still working fine.

This is not the case with all manufacturers though.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #86  
I still have a few craftsman 19V tools and have not bought a battery for them in years, I switched to Milwaukee and bought an adapter to run the Milwaukee batteries on my craftsman tools. I only have a few craftsman left but the adapter will also allow me to plug in my cell phone.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #87  
For the 40 volt Ryobi chainsaw I would use at least their 4 ah battery, lesser ones will work but the runtime is not too good

/ Battery powered chainsaw #88  
Keep in mind these batteries are temperature sensitive. When they are too cold you may experience imtermitent starting and stopping.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #89  
For the reasons folks have been listing as potential problems, we will keep using our 2 stroke versions for some time. For home and short term use, battery should work fine.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #90  
Keep in mind these batteries are temperature sensitive. When they are too cold you may experience intermittent starting and stopping.
I've never had a problem with my EGO batteries in the snow blowers...and they stay in an unheated garage all winter. This is in central Vermont and single digit temperatures are not uncommon.
But, they will discharge if not in use for an extended time, warm or cold weather...