Backyard Shed for BX Tractor

/ Backyard Shed for BX Tractor #1  

bboshart

Tractor
Kubota BX1870
I recently purchased a BX1870 with FEL. I want to get it out of the garage this summer, so I need to design and build a backyard shed. Anyone have pictures of our backyard shed for your tractor? Any tips, things you like or things you would do different? I know one thing for sure, its going to have door high enough that I don't have to fold down the ROP.

/ Backyard Shed for BX Tractor #3  
I would recommend having a cement-poured floor if possible. However, if you do go with wooden floor joists, put them 1-foot on center, instead of 16" and use screws to hold the floor boards down. Nails can always pop up. Regarding the door, I wouldn't make it less than 9-feet in height. And finally make the sucker as big as you can. You own a BX today; you might have a B tomorrow.

/ Backyard Shed for BX Tractor #4  
Will this work, a little extra room for upsizing. :confused3:

image.jpg

/ Backyard Shed for BX Tractor #5  
image.jpg
How about this design??? It looks cheap and very solid. Whoever built it should be designing skyscrapers in NYC.

/ Backyard Shed for BX Tractor #6  
I would recommend having a cement-poured floor if possible. However, if you do go with wooden floor joists, put them 1-foot on center, instead of 16" and use screws to hold the floor boards down. Nails can always pop up. Regarding the door, I wouldn't make it less than 9-feet in height. And finally make the sucker as big as you can. You own a BX today; you might have a B tomorrow.
And a few implements! Definitely make it bigger than just to store the tractor itself if you have room!

/ Backyard Shed for BX Tractor #8  
I recently purchased a BX1870 with FEL. I want to get it out of the garage this summer, so I need to design and build a backyard shed. Anyone have pictures of our backyard shed for your tractor? Any tips, things you like or things you would do different? I know one thing for sure, its going to have door high enough that I don't have to fold down the ROP.

Local building codes played into the size and location of my shed, I would have liked to go bigger but then the setbacks would have increased and the placement of the shed would be closer to the house. I went with a small shed, it is 12x8 and I have a 4' lean-to off the back for firewood. The wall's are ~7'6" high and roof is 8/12 pitch. I have a 6' wide by 7' tall overhead door on the end. I have the bx1870-1 which has the newer style fold-able ROPS, I have it folded down but have been seriously debating on getting the 1860 ROPS from whole goods which is rigid and will fit. The tractor, 3PT, and FEL with the quick attach just fit, I have maybe 2" of wiggle room but it fits. I also have 2x8 PT joists 16" o.c. with 3/4" PT plywood for decking, I used construction adhesive when I put it down, no problems so far. I put that herculiner down on the floor a year after I built it and it is holding up great so far.

So, I guess consider the cost of switching out the ROPS to building the shed taller with an 8' door and also consider what else you want to fit in there. a 10x14 would be the minimum I would build it to be able to hang up the MMM or store the snow blower on the side. I would go as big as you can and be done with it.

fromback.JPGfront.JPGdoor.JPG

Attachments

• inside.JPG
    inside.JPG
    294.7 KB · Views: 750
   / Backyard Shed for BX Tractor #9  
When I added on a garage for my BX tractor in the back - two things that sticks out in my mind - the height of door with rops up, and enough room with a implement still attached and still can walk around the tractor from all sides. If you say a couple feet is enough in front of FEL with door closed, you will kick yourself in a few years.
door height needs to be 9 feet min 10 feet is better. 25 feet length is min. I dont have a concrete floor, but would love one , but dont need it now.

/ Backyard Shed for BX Tractor #10  
Drive thru will come in handy,extra wide to walk around tractor etc. also puttering inside on those foul weather days.