Anyone have a small hydro electric system?

/ Anyone have a small hydro electric system? #1  

sea2summit

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1860->25D, MX5800, M4D
I've got a pond that's fed by 4-6 artesian wells and I have estimated 12k gph flow and right at 20' of head so I'd estimate I can probably do better harnessing that than solar. Just kicking it around and interested to see if anyone has one going.

/ Anyone have a small hydro electric system? #2  
I've got a pond that's fed by 4-6 artesian wells and I have estimated 12k gph flow and right at 20' of head so I'd estimate I can probably do better harnessing that than solar. Just kicking it around and interested to see if anyone has one going.
12,000 gallons per hour at 20' head should make for a nice drop. There's got to be some hydro calculators out there somewhere.

/ Anyone have a small hydro electric system? #4  
With 20 feet of head and the flow you have the generator at the link here would work good for you. You obviously have a rare site for a hydro-electric install.

/ Anyone have a small hydro electric system? #5  
How far is the back of the damn to the house? Cool idea, hope it works!! Let us know.

Best,

ed

/ Anyone have a small hydro electric system? #6  
I have worked on a couple of these apmhydro turbines. good company. Link is to information to calculate site viability.

/ Anyone have a small hydro electric system? #7  
This is in New Zealand but exports all over the world my neighboor has one it works well in the winter when he has water and he has solar pannels for the summer
lots of resources on his web page to work out diameter of pipe needed etc

/ Anyone have a small hydro electric system?
With 20 feet of head and the flow you have the generator at the link here would work good for you. You obviously have a rare site for a hydro-electric install.
Been looking at a Langston set up but I’ll give those guys a look. Thanks.

How far is the back of the damn to the house? Cool idea, hope it works!! Let us know.

Best,

ed
To the damn it’s only about 150’…to where I’d have 20’ of head it’s closer to 400:cry:

This is in New Zealand but exports all over the world my neighboor has one it works well in the winter when he has water and he has solar pannels for the summer
lots of resources on his web page to work out diameter of pipe needed etc
Thanks! I’d seen those units but couldn’t find a name for them.