Anybody use Paypal ?

/ Anybody use Paypal ? #11  
I opened a separate bank account just to link to Paypal. I add money to it as needed. No way in he%l I am linking my real checking account and giving someone credit/debit access of it. WAY too many nightmare stories of eBay/PayPal siding with the wrong people and taking money from others. Low limit CC seems like another good option.

/ Anybody use Paypal ? #12  
So. I assume you guys print out a statement and send it with a check in the mail to paypal?
any expenses for paypal come out of our account (credit card)

/ Anybody use Paypal ? #13  
PP is all right if you are buying something. Not if you are selling.

/ Anybody use Paypal ? #14  
We don't get paper statements for ANYTHING. I download bank and brokerage statements and save them on my PC with a thumb drive backup.

/ Anybody use Paypal ? #15  
No - I've never used PP. Just use my credit card.
That's what I've always done, but private sellers (such as online classifieds) only take PP, which is why I was looking at setting up an account.
I opened a separate bank account just to link to Paypal. I add money to it as needed. No way in he%l I am linking my real checking account and giving someone credit/debit access of it. WAY too many nightmare stories of eBay/PayPal siding with the wrong people and taking money from others. Low limit CC seems like another good option.
I was kind of leaning the same way. Who knows how common these horror stories are, but it only takes once to ruin your day.
PP is all right if you are buying something. Not if you are selling.
Care to elaborate?

/ Anybody use Paypal ?
Here's the deal. When I started on ebay I used my visa CC to fund purchases.When I reached 10K in purchases ebay wanted me to link a bank acct or apply for a paypal extra mastercard so I did that.No problem,they sent a mailed statement every month unless there was a zero balance in the billng cycle. 3 mo ago they stopped sending a statement so I found a statement on their site and mailed it Priority w/tracking to make sure they got it. Did the chat thing and asked why no paper billing. They responded right away and ask me to check the box for paper billing so I did. Then I get on their site a few days later and a message pops up that says no more paper billing.

Sending a check is the only option as they won't accept another CC for payment. Need to find another way to fund ebay purchases and ditch paypal.

/ Anybody use Paypal ? #17  
Will they accept direct deposit ?

/ Anybody use Paypal ? #19  
PayPal has recourse if there is problems with the sale - like did not receive item, or was not correct. Over 20 years there have been 3 times someone did not ship and PayPal reimbursed the account. - no loss. As mentioned above, I link a bank account and backup credit card. I do not restock money in paypal from my account. All purchases are paid directly from the linked bank account. PayPal is a banking system, just as any other bank. I use online banking for everything, even with my local bank. I also DO NOT use a cell phone for banking business. I use my computer and all passwords are created and managed by LastPass. LP uses 2nd factor authentication with a otp (one time password). Safer than mailing a check.

/ Anybody use Paypal ? #20  
I've bought stuff twice paid via PayPal and the seller sent me garbage and PayPal said "seller says they sent you and provided tracking that shows it was delivered". I didn't get what I ordered - they sent a 5¢ child's toy not a roller for my vacuum but pp didn't care because I received "a package". They immediately closed the "inquiry" and refused to reopen it.

I closed my pp account and won't use it again.

(My credit card which the PayPal was connected through refunded me, so while I'm not out any money, I don't need the stress or loss of time - at this point my assumption is if a "merchant" only takes PayPal that they're a scammer.)