AGCO insights?

/ AGCO insights? #11  
So, you like my logo? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ AGCO insights? #12  
AGCO owns more brands than most, when NH bought CaseIH AGCO acquired both of them. Not many people are aware of that, even some dealer salespeople. As with anything you need to look at more than how much you like something or dislike it. Same may be a well built tractor to some but it is still considered as an off breed by most. If you will eventually trade or sell your tractor a Same will not be worth as much. I know that markets vary by location but in my part of Texas if you talk to any dealers they would rather not even trade for one. And especially look at support, since you may know the dealer he will give you good support but parts availability will be another issue.

/ AGCO insights? #13  
Billy,
I don't know where you got your information about AGCO owning NH and CaseIH, but you need to do some more checking. Fiat owns NH and CaseIH.

/ AGCO insights? #14  
I too have heard this rumor of Agco aquiring NH but hve never saw it on paper, heard through the grapevine from a Massy dealer near the coast of NC. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ AGCO insights? #15  
Not to long ago, Ratliff said that if NH was sold that AGCO would or might be interested in aquiring part of the company, but they don't own any part of NH at this time.

/ AGCO insights? #16  
You are correct, and I apoligize for my incorrect information. I have a bad tendancy to get the two mixed up. I was actually working for New Holland when this took place and still confused the issue. I appreciate your correction.