My First Tractor -and buying experience

/ My First Tractor -and buying experience #52  
I’m a Dodge guy (pretty obvious I guess) but if someone parked a new Mustang GT in my driveway I‘d drive it, just to make them happy of course.

/ My First Tractor -and buying experience #53  
I’m a Dodge guy (pretty obvious I guess) but if someone parked a new Mustang GT in my driveway I‘d drive it, just to make them happy of course.
Of course. But there is always the Hellcat for you Chrysler boys.

/ My First Tractor -and buying experience
Sorry, all for the late reply. It appears this thread took off and it slipped by me! As you all well know life happens and priorities can shift around hence me not playing tractor much last year. But I have found some spare time this early spring and plan to be doing a bit more around the house as things have calmed a bit.

I have had a handful of minor issues that I have corrected and or made modifications to no longer be of concern. Feel free to search those out if you are a Mahindra owner of a similar tractor. (*hint latest has been with the exhaust)

I have since purchased a new 6ft tiller for my garden and wow that bad boy will eat with 40 hp! Also a shock to me how expensive implements have become even used and abused rusty ones!

Thanks for all of the replies and wisdom on the topic. I still believe that the Mahindra was a good purchase overall, especially with the financing package that I received with implements and trailer to get me started out.

As far as the parts availability I have had a few interesting "future outlook" conversations with my dealers with some not so hopeful views on Mahindra discontinuing the 4500 series line. Since, I have been slowly compiling a resource list with cross-compatible filters and parts that I know eventually will come into play as supply chain issues or obsolescence occurs in the future. Turns out there are various other brands of compatible parts that can fit with Mahindra engines but less so for driveline and others.

My prepper mentality has me occasionally looking into "what-if" scenarios if I keep this tractor long term and supply of parts starts begins to fade. My biggest concern long term is electronics, clutch, and fuel system parts. I have had some success with finding sources for the injection pump and injectors as well as other fuel control systems that can be paired with the factory bosch pump or an aftermarket pump.

Just food for though for tractor owners who may have purchased tractors that may not have the parts reach back of Deere or Kubota for example.

PXL_20220413_235637211.jpg

Last edited: