Ads between Thread/Category pages

/ Ads between Thread/Category pages #1  

gtrippleb

Gold Member
Tractor
NH T2320 TL
I haven't seen this before today, but I noticed while clicking on the Snow Removal Forum category, I was introduced to an XBOX ad that took up the whole page. I noticed that there was a Skip Ad link, but I couldn't skip the ad. I think the ad runs for 40 seconds. Once the ad finished, I was taken to that that section. Then while I was going from page 2 to page 3 of this thread, http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/225778-24x50-steel-truss-pole-barn-2.html, I got the same ad.

Are these new types of ads being displayed/used on TBN?

Thanks,
Greg

/ Ads between Thread/Category pages #2  
I got the same crap today, keep hitting that skip ad button.

/ Ads between Thread/Category pages #3  
I had the same experience today just going to the Forums page but it did allow me to skip it after a few seconds. Must be new but that's what pays the bills for a free site. The good definitely outways the bad on TBN.

/ Ads between Thread/Category pages #4  
Same thing here. I understand that ads are necessary to keep this site free and going, but at some point it becomes a bit too much.

/ Ads between Thread/Category pages #5  
I've had it a couple of times today too. Given my limit of data for internet usage, being a rural tractor user, those videos are very unwelcome. I too understand ads paying for our free usage, but when it may cost someone overage charges on their internet connection, then they go too far. Videos should not be playing, unless someone specifically clicks to do so.

/ Ads between Thread/Category pages #6  
3x today on the mobile(android) and pc(firefox).

/ Ads between Thread/Category pages #7  
It shouldn't be happening. I found the source and it's one specific ad server we use. This happened once before and we got them to turn the ads off... I will make sure it gets disabled again ASAP. We do not run these types of ads intentionally but sometimes the ad companies we work with start sending them through automatically without our permission. :thumbdown:

Sorry for the inconvenience.

/ Ads between Thread/Category pages #8  
earlier today I logged on and went to a forum, I clicked (yanmar)the first thing that came up was the Xbox ( call of duty ) ad, I click back and the actual forum opened, this was about 3 hours ago,
Just now I logged on once again to the same ( Yanmar ) forum and went directly to the (Xbox call of duty) ad,
No big deal, just letting ya'll know;)

/ Ads between Thread/Category pages #9  
Sorry for the inconvenience.

No need to apologize your site is great. TBN is far more member user friendly and reliable than most sites. Now if the White House emails and asks for your technical help with Healthcare.gov I don't know where they got your email. :laughing:

/ Ads between Thread/Category pages #10  
Yep, I got the same ad a couple of times, including just a few minutes ago. Glad to hear it's going to be stopped.