Adding LED's for night work

/ Adding LED's for night work #31  
Rigid Industries makes some awesome LED light bars and single lights. I have a 10" light bar on my ATV that is super bright and durable, and put their Dually D2's facing forward and rearwards on the ROPS of my tractor. They are pricey, but they are a very simple plug and play system that includes everything needed to hook up. They also have snap on lens covers of several different colors for different situations. Red, blue, green, yellow......I use yellow when plowing snow.

IMG_20161127_112428399_HDR.jpg
IMG_20161127_112447093.jpg

/ Adding LED's for night work #32  
Thanks for that photo. Current lights on the NX5510 are ovals, so would probably have to match: the cab is shaped accordingly. Although I'd like to have more light I'm still, now, way ahead of my days of holding flashlight (when my By7800 had really no lights to speak of).:D

/ Adding LED's for night work #33  
Hi tmcj,

I noticed the nice looking light mounts on your pictures. Are these from rigid or did you make your own? I'm using ropslights and they came with a much simpler mounting bracket. Would sure like to get my hands on mounts similar to yours.
ROPS Lights Kubota Double LED Worklight Kit.jpg

/ Adding LED's for night work #34  
Thanks for that photo. Current lights on the NX5510 are ovals, so would probably have to match: the cab is shaped accordingly. Although I'd like to have more light I'm still, now, way ahead of my days of holding flashlight (when my By7800 had really no lights to speak of).:D

Here are ones I installed on my NX

Attachments

• image-1899618649.jpg
    image-1899618649.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 282
   / Adding LED's for night work #35  
Country, do you have those on the front too? What kind?

/ Adding LED's for night work #37  
Hi tmcj,

I noticed the nice looking light mounts on your pictures. Are these from rigid or did you make your own? I'm using ropslights and they came with a much simpler mounting bracket. Would sure like to get my hands on mounts similar to yours.
View attachment 526184

Thanks bud, and yes, I made them myself. I work with fiberglass composites and that is a 2" x 1/4" angle that we make. I cut them to length, mitered the ends, and cut out the notch to fit around the rops bar, and painted them black to match. I used the flat plate from a u-bolt and painted them black also, and standard bolts to mount them to the rops. Here are some more pic's if you want to make something similar.

light mount 2.jpg

light mount 3.jpg

light mount.jpg

/ Adding LED's for night work #38  
I finally got my ROPS lights installed.

I wanted to see if I liked these LED lights, so I ordered a 2 pack ($19) and also got a relay, switch and inline fuse (~$15). With adding (at least) four lights I didn't want to use the 10 amp single work light wire from the factory and instead ran my own power from battery.

I also used the 100lb magnets someone on the forum recommended. I can move the lights anywhere on the canopy frame I want as quick as can be.

So far I like the lights and am pleased with the overall install and If I continue to like the lights after using them more I will order another two pack.

20180121_154653.jpg20180127_104442.jpgView attachment 537546

/ Adding LED's for night work #39  
Years and years ago - my summer jobs, while in college - put me on many and varied commercial fishing boats in SE Alaska. They had uber bright work lights made by a company in New York. Now these same marine work lights by J A McDermott, New York, are from 20 to 50 watt LED's. One of the 50 watt, 12 volt work lights will quite easily light up half a football field. That's a whole lot of light for not a lot of required power.

J. A. McDermott Corp
1639 Stephen Street
Ridgewood, New York 11385-5395

They do have a web site.
View attachment 537548

/ Adding LED's for night work #40  
Years and years ago - my summer jobs, while in college - put me on many and varied commercial fishing boats in SE Alaska. They had uber bright work lights made by a company in New York. Now these same marine work lights by J A McDermott, New York, are from 20 to 50 watt LED's. One of the 50 watt, 12 volt work lights will quite easily light up half a football field. That's a whole lot of light for not a lot of required power.

J. A. McDermott Corp
1639 Stephen Street
Ridgewood, New York 11385-5395

They do have a web site.
View attachment 537548

Look like some good lights. I didn't see any prices on their website so I will contact them to find out. I suspect it is a case of "if you have to ask, you can't afford them" :)