Adding LED work lights to B7800

/ Adding LED work lights to B7800 #11  
For night snowplowing I like them high. I run (2) 55w LED combo flood / spots front and rear. Anything short of a whiteout blizzard they turn night into day.
IMG_3796.jpg

/ Adding LED work lights to B7800 #12  
I just got a tractor, and I noticed the red lights aimed towards the rear were not very bright,,
(this check was done with the engine not running)
I checked the voltage at the light,, 10.5 volts
I checked the voltage at the battery, 12.5 volts,,

There was a 2 volt drop from the front of that tractor, to the rear.
I think most of the drop is due to the tractor having SO MANY lights,, and most of them are filament type lights.
By changing 4 of the filament type lights to LED,, the voltage went up to 11.5 volts at the light.

That was better, PLUS the LED type bulbs are at least 4X brighter.
The light level seems to stay the same, not changing if more lights are turned on, or the engine started.

So, I do not think these tractor companies are wasting much money on excess copper in these wiring harness assemblies,, :ROFLMAO:

/ Adding LED work lights to B7800 #13  
Gordon, it would tempt me to mount a pair of floods on either the front of the canopy or the top of that mesh grille guard. The best coverage might actually be pointing them a bit "cross-eyed" to minimize some possible blocking by the loader frame. It looks like that would put them almost 3 feet higher than the top of your plow?

My earlier statement regarding the grille guard not being my first choice was directed towards grille guard mounting that might end up with the added lights being lower than the factory headlights and hitting the back of the plow.

Sometimes things work out better than they should. The pics below are the added lights on the B7500 around 2010. They were mounted between the hood and the loader frame and lower than the headlights. They worked remarkably well year round. You can see that when the loader was at a certain height they hit the back of the bucket. The main reason for adding them was for mowing. The factory headlights were the typical worthless variety. These were old school Tractor Supply halogen floods. The spread was such that two of them gave a nearly 180° of lighting in front of the tractor.

Attachments

• IMG_1781.jpg
    IMG_1781.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
  • Lite 1.JPG
    Lite 1.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Lite 2.jpg
    Lite 2.jpg
    792.8 KB · Views: 45
   / Adding LED work lights to B7800 #14  
Thanks chim and RjC.., I will go with what you and others have said and try the top of the canopy. Less clutter in my already cluttered view. My question came from plowing with my p/u in a storm where low beams were much better than high. Maybe the light being angled down makes the difference. View from the seat

Fir_ReGen_1.jpg

gg

/ Adding LED work lights to B7800 #15  
The view from the seat does seem to be a bit busy :)

Around here we rarely get storms that drop feet of snow, so there's no rush to "keep ahead" of the snowfall. Most of the time I don't go plow till the storm is subsiding.