A timber frame cabin memoir

/ A timber frame cabin memoir #11  
I have 9 ft basement, 10 ft is even better. I would frame it normal, you saving less than a foot of height.

/ A timber frame cabin memoir
I talked to the first foundation guy today and he can probably get my foundation in early December. He has heat blankets and seemed more receptive to an 8' wall which is what I'm going with. TJI 14" joists for the 22' span. I found out one other contact for the area actually uses this contractors forms but he said he's not doing foundations anymore. I'm still surprised at the contractors who do not return calls. My kit supplier is going to see if any of their kit erectors are interested. Independent contractors who put the bents up and possibly floor/roof. My concern is getting it under roof then I can finish the rest out on my schedule.

/ A timber frame cabin memoir #13  
If you didn’t put the floor inside the wall, would timbers sit on the floor or still extend down to the concrete wall?

they should extend down but I forget to ask him that. Either that or they have a blocking idea.

/ A timber frame cabin memoir #15  
My timber frame post sit on solid blocking, they do not extend to the concrete.

I didn't buy a kit, could not afford to go that route 30 years ago. I started with rough cut 8x12 timbers, planed and cut all the mortise and tenons myself. I had about 1000 hours in the framework for a 3000 sq ft house and 1000 sq foot garage. It was raised in a day, with the only issue being too small of a crane for the house bents.

/ A timber frame cabin memoir #16  
A friend of ours starts work with a timber framing company in a couple weeks.

/ A timber frame cabin memoir #17  
Carver,

Not sure I saw a question. But I would no skimp on your poured wall height.
Our walls are 12 ft poured, 2 ft bar joist that makes for 10 ft ceilings.

We did have to remove 4 ft of sand stone to get it.

Going with an 8' tall wall. I really think it will work better for this house not sticking so far out of the ground. Also, I'm in a limited area for foundation contractors and at least 3 never returned my call. My kit goes in the queue next week most likely but they are backed up so might be early December before it is shipped.

/ A timber frame cabin memoir #19  
Can you share a floor plan? I will be building in a couple years maybe, so starting to look at plans for my design.

They asked me not to share. I may post zoomed in snippets if I need to explain something.