45-50hp Help

/ 45-50hp Help #51  
First post.
I have an MX5200 and am pleased with it. Both Kubota dealers are at least 45 min. away. For $150.00 one will come to you. Price has most likely gone up a bit.

/ 45-50hp Help #52  
Talk to other tractor owners. Find out what dealership has the best service department...that is critcal. It's even worth another 40 minute drive.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / 45-50hp Help #53  
I bought a TYM simply because they offered the best lift on FEL, features and size/weight/hp for the $$$$ I've 153h on my TYM T474 (48.3Hp w. cab) with absolutely NO issues. I buy my filters through the dealer to give him my business.

/ 45-50hp Help #54  
Since you have some hills, you may be interested in Power-trac

They are in North Tazewell, Virginia.

/ 45-50hp Help #55  
How often will you go to the dealer? Typical home use is 100 hours a year or less. You will need to do an annual engine oil change and transmission oil change every few years. That's like one trip a year to the dealer at most.

My dealer's 3 hours away. I have been there twice in four years, once to test drive and once to pick up a backhoe. They mail the filters I need for maintenance.
I see that differently. UNFORTUNATELY buying a new tractor today is totally different than buying a new car. With the car, the mass market is so large and the bugs are so thoroughly beaten out that there is very low risk. With a tractor -- Oh Dear... you will have need for the dealer to do SOMETHING on that new tractor many times in the first year (and if you don't live right on top of the tractor using it often it will be for more than the first year.) I consider the dealer and your relationship with him extremely important. Actually more so with a new tractor (having guarantee issues, etc.) than with a used one which has had the bugs taken out & the infant mortality issues solved. The factories let almost anything out the door and dealer prep before you get delivery varies all over the place. With a new tractor I say the dealer is almost more important than the differences among my top 3 choices.

Of course we customers vary widely too -- some experienced mechanics, some with a shop of mechanics employed, some Harry Homeowners who know very little about what they just bought.

/ 45-50hp Help #56  
You will receive better quality replies if you add Southwest Virginia to your T-B-N PROFILE.
Jeff, ALL his messages say Southwest VA at the bottom right under the post. Maybe nice to say it elsewhere in his profile (so it appears under his avatar) but the info was already there.

/ 45-50hp Help #57  
Jeff, ALL his messages say Southwest VA at the bottom right under the post. Maybe nice to say it elsewhere in his profile (so it appears under his avatar) but the info was already there.
The info was not there when Jeff posted that. Infact the post immediately after his (#14) you will see that jeffs post prompted the OP to fill out his location ;)

/ 45-50hp Help
I see that differently. UNFORTUNATELY buying a new tractor today is totally different than buying a new car. With the car, the mass market is so large and the bugs are so thoroughly beaten out that there is very low risk. With a tractor -- Oh Dear... you will have need for the dealer to do SOMETHING on that new tractor many times in the first year (and if you don't live right on top of the tractor using it often it will be for more than the first year.) I consider the dealer and your relationship with him extremely important. Actually more so with a new tractor (having guarantee issues, etc.) than with a used one which has had the bugs taken out & the infant mortality issues solved. The factories let almost anything out the door and dealer prep before you get delivery varies all over the place. With a new tractor I say the dealer is almost more important than the differences among my top 3 choices.

Of course we customers vary widely too -- some experienced mechanics, some with a shop of mechanics employed, some Harry Homeowners who know very little about what they just bought.
Excellent advice, thank you. What I’ve come to notice is that most of the big three (NH, Deere, Kubota) and kioti and others will do the job just fine...is that a fair assessment?

/ 45-50hp Help #59  
The design of the (Ferguson) Three Point Hitch tractor has been marketed in the USA since 1939 -- 82 years in 2021.

The basic design is generic. Ferguson's Three Point Hitch patents expired around 1955.

Kubota and Deere have most of the market through 6,000 pound bare weight tractors. But this Kubota/Deere predominance is regional.

The up and coming compact tractor brands are Korean: Kioti, LS and Branson. There are other Korean brands. You have to critically assess dealer stability while shopping minor brands. Most or all of the Korean tractor brands have AROUND 1% compact tractor market share in the USA under their primary trademark. I am skeptical even the most successful Korean tractor brand exceeds 2% market share under it's primary trademark.

Korean manufacturing labor is paid 50% of what Deere pays its union work force. Japanese manufacturing labor is paid 70% of what Deere pays its union work force. Labor costs strongly influence tractor prices.

Last edited:
   / 45-50hp Help #60  

Ima disagree. Taking a tractor to the “many” times in the first year would lead me to believe you got yerself a lemon. Step daddy buys new tractors like cars. And he’s only had one that he’s had to take dealer 4 times in first year. And it’s a new Holland. The bota kioti and jd none at all. My kioti is 3 years old and been to dealer once.