2023 Can Am Defender Limited

/ 2023 Can Am Defender Limited #1  

Boss 302

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti RX6010PS Mahindra 3510 Sold (Gonna miss that ole girl)
Ordered a Defender limited in the camo trim yesterday, the dealer had several of the cab units (already sold) on hand so I could check out the fit and finish. They are impressive and from everything that I've been able to research they appear to be very reliable machines, now the wait which will probably take a couple of months.

/ 2023 Can Am Defender Limited #2  
I bought a 2020 Defender HD10 Cab Model in February 2021. (This one has a full cab with roll-up windows and heat but no a/c.) About 2300 miles on it now, with no problems to report. Machine works really well both on my ranch and running around out in the hills.

Been following the Can-am Defender forums for a couple years now and from what I can see, as long as you leave the machine stock you'll have no problems. Read your owner's manual! One thing many owners don't pay attention to is the warning in the manual that if you are driving less than 15 mph, or towing, USE LOW RANGE! This applies to all belt-drive side-by-sides, not just Can-am. Otherwise you will be burning up belts and clutches.

One thing Can-am could have done better with the Defender is the air intakes for engine and belt drive (at least for my model year). Both intakes are under the bed of the unit. Out here in the desert we get silt beds - deep fine dust - in the warm months of the year and the intakes being where they are, they suck in a lot of dust. I ended up routing my intakes to breathe from up over the windshield to alleviate the problem. If you don't ride in dusty conditions then this won't apply to you.
P1008273ertbn5-9-22.jpg

/ 2023 Can Am Defender Limited #3  
My son bought a stock 2021 HD 8 and it has been trouble free. I believe he added a top and both windshields. They are well build machines.

/ 2023 Can Am Defender Limited #4  
I never owned one but did operate one that was the 1st defender to arrive at our dealership X years ago. Might have a thousand hours on its seat.
Defenderdragging28.jpg

/ 2023 Can Am Defender Limited
I pick my Defender up tomorrow, looking forward to adding a few options and learning all about it.

/ 2023 Can Am Defender Limited #6  
You know what to do when you get it!

/ 2023 Can Am Defender Limited
Really, I'm not seeing that. They seem to be ok from what I'm seeing. Maybe I did something wrong

/ 2023 Can Am Defender Limited #10  
Really, I'm not seeing that. They seem to be ok from what I'm seeing. Maybe I did something wrong
They are too big for general forum viewing. When I click on them all I get is a spinning ball showing download in progress but I'm not going to sit here and wait for them to come up. Admittedly, I have a very slow internet connection. All of the photos I post I first downsize them to no more than about 500 kilobytes in total size. That's all that is needed for viewing on a screen - even on my 24" computer monitor.

Photos straight out of my camera are ~ 18 megabytes, those out of my phone are around 5 megabytes. Both way too large for posting. When my computer mouse hovers over your photos most of them show ~4.7 megabytes.

I've had my Can-am Defender for over two years now. Very solid, trouble-free machine.