2022 Outlander Max 6x6

/ 2022 Outlander Max 6x6 #211  
I started making a version of hitches similar to that back in the 70's, using chevy valve springs for the springs.

It's the only way we could get a load going, up in the Alaskan mountains.

SR
Unsure if I saw it or just thought it up probably a little of both. Anyways when I used to make wood in the winter was the only way to get a big load moving. Now I pull the family around with it lol.

/ 2022 Outlander Max 6x6 #212  
We would go so far on our sno-machines we would have to pull some gas on a home made sleds behind. Deep snow and mountains doesn't make for good gas milage.

SR

/ 2022 Outlander Max 6x6
Done beating a dead horse looking for reasons and solutions why the front driveshaft splines failed but this modification to groomer coupler probably won't hurt especially reducing hard impacts when starting and stopping. Made this pin coupler with junk I had lying around 15 yrs ago for a trailer to pull behind a snowmobile yes it's crude, but works better than I imagined. Haven't snapped an non reinforced bumper on a snowmobile since. Eliminated hard impacts when starting and stopping. I've seen similar with folks using hockey pucks unsure of results (I use those for hockey only lol) anyways used a medium duty spring I cut in half welded a washer to shaft midway and stoppers on both ends. I suppose if I had a groomer, I'd use a heavier spring, thicker metal, and weld it all up with 7018 from the get go.
Break away hitchs were once used on XC implements but they've since lost favor and thank god since because they were awful. Striking hard objects is not a problem for us and we do not use those hitches or the ones with rubber shock absorbers.

Last edited:
   / 2022 Outlander Max 6x6 #214  
Break away hitchs were once used on XC implements but they've since lost favor and thank god since because they were awful. Striking hard objects is not a problem for us and we do not use those hitches.
Not a breakaway hitch just a hitch that applies gradual tension and pressure when pulling and stopping instead of a hard instant impact to drive line anyways good luck.

/ 2022 Outlander Max 6x6
Not a breakaway hitch just a hitch that applies gradual tension and pressure when pulling and stopping instead of a hard instant impact to drive line anyways good luck.
Jeff, what are you trying to correct?

/ 2022 Outlander Max 6x6
The stiffer joint boots are being added to both shaft ends this time. We have just snow/rain in our forecast....

/ 2022 Outlander Max 6x6 #217  
Arly despite your copious snowfalls, it sounds like you're also suffering from a pretty crappy winter too.
I think we're pretty much done with any meaningful snow accumulations and the +/-20" that we have on the ground is getting to an "annoying" condition if you know what I mean.

/ 2022 Outlander Max 6x6 #218  
We are yet to have the first snowfall here, that's a bit unusual. None the less I'm ready for spring.

/ 2022 Outlander Max 6x6
Interesting trailer setup to load downed trees into this trailer to be towed out via 6x6. I'd say pods were not need in that low volume of snow. What does that idler wheel between the axles do on this trailer?

/ 2022 Outlander Max 6x6 #220  
Drive sprocket to independently propel trailer from loader hydros if they put tracks on that rig? Cool set up

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230217-171259.png
    Screenshot_20230217-171259.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 50