Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #731  
I detest "peak HP"
particularly on corded equipment, it's basically saying "while it's rapidly slowing down we very briefly saw 4HP but at 13A you'll be lucky to get 1.5HP continuous"

(not a dig on op here - I see that on a lot of my own equipment as well, we all (hopefully) just know not to pay it any attention)
I dont pay attention to any of BS sells crap stuff like that.

To me it was a corded saw I wanted for cheap so I bought it.

I dont care if it said peak 1/2hp or 1000hp. ;)

Works as intended with 18" bar bar. Me I would prob put a 16" on it by choice because I like that. But I will never wear it out. Just barn use if batt saw dont get used.

Prefer to run 16" on the echo 50cc too. But came with stinking 18". So someday it will get one.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #732  
So many debbie downers. :ROFLMAO:

Why even be in the battery thread if you just going to talk down.

Every tool has it's place and man can not own enough of the right tools for the job at hand.

Wife saved me alot of work with that right there battery cutting the limbs up for smoker wood. I tried it with gas saw. Was just easier her way.

View attachment 834792

A light battery trim saw has plenty of uses but what place does a battery saw that weighs as much as an 80cc gas saw and cost as much as a premium 80cc gas saw yet cuts like a 50cc ( at the best ) saw have?

/ Battery powered chainsaw #733  
My Harbor Freight Atlas cordless saw with battery is about 20 pounds.
I don't tend to do much cutting anymore which is why I went with it.
This way I don't have to worry about my saw starting when I need it to clear out downed stuff from a storm.
My Husqvarna Rancher 450 is several years old but doesn't have many hours on and being used only occasionally can be a pain o get started.
They are close to the same weight when ready to cut.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #734  
A light battery trim saw has plenty of uses but what place does a battery saw that weighs as much as an 80cc gas saw and cost as much as a premium 80cc gas saw yet cuts like a 50cc ( at the best ) saw have?
Homeowner types seem to buy them that use saws for ER work and then set a year or more.

Older farmers carry on tractors that are tired of their stihl saws not starting when needed to remove a fallen limb or tree. Yes I have seen that right here local. ;)

List goes on.

Every tool has a use.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #735  
Growing up, my father had several gassers, I remember in particular one large Stihl (probably 050/051), and at least two smaller McCulloch's. But the saw that got the most use at home was a corded 110V Craftsman. I asked my dad about this once, when I was a kid in the 1980's, and he said it was just quicker and easier to pull out an extension cord when working so close to the house on cutting firewood. He'd only use the gassers when out felling and fetching wood from various family farms, never at our own house in town.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #736  
Tree guy feedback on the M18 he used on the job.

I did prune an entire job with the m18 hatchet 4 big trailerloads of tree prunings I went thru three batteries 6AH. I'd put a charger in cab it charges before I can run out of battery so I think it's awesome .I hate to think how much Tru fuel I've bought not knowing .it's the hatchet only that has me impressed I'm testing playing .working me ass off

/ Battery powered chainsaw #737  
Climber guys really like the pro top handle battery versions. Ask them about a saw that wont start up in the tree.

This one was 3 years ago. Imagine even better now days.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #739  
“Battery saw makers” don’t invent battery technology. They buy batteries from suppliers. Can only use what is offered for sale to them.
True, but they're in charge of the packaging.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #740  
The battery saw makers should be working on a lightweight battery that could last as long as a tank of gas.

Of course that would be ideal but it’s a dream at this point in time. We would need a completed different battery technology to come close to that.