Woodmaxx Snowblower Wiring question

/ Woodmaxx Snowblower Wiring question
For a test just connect the two rotation motor wires Brown and Green to the Red and Brown to the Black on the blower - any 2 wire cord or romex or SJO cord will work.
So I tested the brown/green combination on both sides on the wires coming from the chute rotation motor and nothing (brown to red/ green to black , brown to black/ green to red) and nothing. I have power to them but nothing. I switched the wires around so the Yellow and red run the deflector and some result nothing with both directions.

Do you have an orange/yellow/green round 2 wire extension cord say 25'? Usually they are 14-2 or 16-2 - just cut these to length one for each motor and connect and tie wrap them together.
That's a good idea. Thanks

/ Woodmaxx Snowblower Wiring question #43  
I tested the ohms across the motor wires for the chute rotation and it was 5.1 - for whatever that means. Any ideas?
5.1 ohms is reasonable for a good motor winding.

/ Woodmaxx Snowblower Wiring question #45  
So I tested the brown/green combination on both sides on the wires coming from the chute rotation motor and nothing (brown to red/ green to black , brown to black/ green to red) and nothing. I have power to them but nothing. I switched the wires around so the Yellow and red run the deflector and some result nothing with both directions.
Have you checked those wires with your meter set on DC voltage? Have you checked the fuse?

/ Woodmaxx Snowblower Wiring question #46  
Thank you..... but why isn't it working? What am I missing?
Not getting voltage.

You have an ohm meter.....does it have a DC voltage setting?

Step one, are you getting 12v at both switches?

Step two......you have 4 wires.....and 4 positions between the two switches. Test the wires. Each switch controls two wires.

Use the meter, figure it out til you can get your head around it so you can communicate back here with clear and concise results. IF you fail to be able to wrap your head around what is going on and how it works, do you know anyone, friend, relative, etc that has a basic understanding of voltage, a meter, and switches?

So the storm is starting to rage outside, I swapped out the trailer wire to 14ga outdoor extension cord wire. I am getting voltage all the way down the run to the connectors on the wires from the Chute rotation motor and deflector motor. So no problems with fuses (unless there is one at the motor). All the wires have power down to the last connection. Didn't check the voltage, do I need to do that too? Green & Brown run the chute rotation motor and Red & Yellow do the deflector. Got that. I'm assuming I don't need to hook up the tractor to the 3 point to be testing all this do I? Since the wires are supplying the ground....... I am parking the tractor next to the blower and testing the wires from there.

Last edited:
I had the multimeter on the wrong setting, I am getting 12v out of the switches.

/ Woodmaxx Snowblower Wiring question #49  
You should be fine as the circuits 12 volts like your mules electric system.

/ Woodmaxx Snowblower Wiring question #50  
No need to connect the SB to the tractor, as I ran mine today not connected to 3PTH.

Hmm this is puzzling - did you check the ground connection in the switch box or just use the tractor frame to get 12V?