New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #181  
And continuous improvement adds value which costs money and drives up costs.
The Deming management method is all about making a better product more efficiently. There's a book called "The Reckoning" written by David Habersham about how the Japanese car industry started with a basic car design and then steadily improved it year after year leading to American car makers loosing a huge amount of market share because the Japanese got steadily better following the Deming method.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #182  
Problem is better product isn't a unit of measure. It's more of an opinion. Which today means a product that increases the stock price.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #183  
I realize there is changes in the Canadian/US dollar exchange, etc.

But a coupe years ago I priced out a Grand L3560 with loader and blower and it was $50,000. It is now $86,000 and there have been ZERO changes or updates to that model.

So how do you justify that? Nothing more than a rip off. There is nothing that little 3560 has that makes it worth that much.

You would have hoped sales went down to bring prices back to reality, but people are more than happy to keep lining up to finance them. So they know they got us now.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #184  
I realize there is changes in the Canadian/US dollar exchange, etc.

But a coupe years ago I priced out a Grand L3560 with loader and blower and it was $50,000. It is now $86,000 and there have been ZERO changes or updates to that model.

So how do you justify that? Nothing more than a rip off. There is nothing that little 3560 has that makes it worth that much.

You would have hoped sales went down to bring prices back to reality, but people are more than happy to keep lining up to finance them. So they know they got us now.

Well, they do yeah, BUT their buying audience will shrink because wages cannot keep up with 10% inflation.

$86,000 for a little tractor? Dang-I just bought this used one for 60K and thought that was high and it’ll clear snow and do a heck of a lot more than a Kubota toy. Probably last longer, too.

1665321756465.jpeg

Just skip the little tractors and get something big and take on more work! :)

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #185  
Well, they do yeah, BUT their buying audience will shrink because wages cannot keep up with 10% inflation.

$86,000 for a little tractor? Dang-I just bought this used one for 60K and thought that was high and it’ll clear snow and do a heck of a lot more than a Kubota toy. Probably last longer, too.

View attachment 765713

That won't fit on my roads.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #186  
Truth on size aNd pricing. I got 50hp compact for a lot less than comparable sub compacts on the market

And I could use another 20hp if I had it

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #187  

View attachment 765713

I'd say you are or will be in the market for new tires soon.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #188  
Tractor size and power is usually based on need and not everyone needs a huge tractor (and a huge payment) as well. Large tractors usually equate to large upkeep expenses as well. Myself, I'm perfectly content with my M9's but I would not mind having a sub compact as well for garden work. May buy a used one this spring if I can find an older one without too many issues.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #189  
Tractor sales (especially new) are totally dependent on spendable income and as inflation advances and goods and services get more and more expensive to obtain, spendable income drops. Consequently, new tractor sales decline at least with people who can manage their finances properly that is.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #190  
That won't fit on my roads.

Only 88” wide!

I’m serious. I look at what you guys pay for a small new tractor and think you could buy a used dump truck, with a trailer and a back hoe or mini ex or farm tractor for the same price as a new small grand L with a loader.

Status
Not open for further replies.