New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #91  
I agree, and right now all of my 401K is in cash. It may not go up, yet is the only thing in my portfolio which hasn't dropped drastically. When things settle down I will move it elsewhere, but that may take a while.
I’m in the same place. My retirement funds have been parked in cash since last spring. The funds are slowly growing; nothing much, but I’m not losing like I was in stocks. Yes, I’m losing against inflation, but not as much as the stocks were losing.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #92  
Inflation never goes backwards especially now. If your waiting for prices to decline dont hold your breath. Everything and especially anything that has to do with using fossil fuels is getting taxed to death right now, Prices are passed on to the consumer. A new administration will step in and remove taxes and the manufactures use that tax relief as their profit. They never pass the savings to you. My first brand new car (1977 Ford Pinto) was less than what you pay for a riding mower these days. This should tell you that a riding mower to cut your grass in the near future will be $30,000.00.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #93  
Wages have gone up and I have rarely seen them go down. It would be difficult to reduce prices when wages have gone up so much(excluding my pension). I chuckled when I saw this article because many were claiming that wages weren't high enough. Increasing wages helps nobody when it drives inflation.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #94  
If retail sales slump this holiday or employers don't like the way things are headed after the holiday sales season is over, look for employers to cut employees that they don't like or think are getting paid too much. Remote workers may also be on the cull list.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #95  
When you put a large tariff on our largest supplier, who is going to pay? The end user - it all is passed along. And even if you aren't buying something made in China (even Apple is switching to India), the new supplier will take advantage. Remember even F-35 deliveries are on hold because they found a part that somewhere down the chain, a part was sourced from China. To compensate for our tariffs, China put large tariffs on USA supplied stuff like farm products. The ag lobby complained and money given to farmers to compensate for their losses, but prices still went up. My grain sales following last year's harvest were 75% higher per bushel - thank you consumers. One thing after another. As for shortages, I still read of people unable to get delivery dates for Kubota products depending on part of the country yet Kubota continues their 0% rate - on higher priced product so they balance out. I retired at the start of 2009 with most of my income being from investments. I am still in stocks, yes, I am suffering this year, but over the 12 years since I retired, I ranged from 12% to 22% annual increase in my stock portfolio. So I am down 15% this year to date, really hurts, but should I complain after the gains over the previous 12, or do I only complain about today. Will I buy another new tractor this year (I bought 8 since I retired)? Very unlikely. If I do buy, it will be like Hay Dude looking for a good buy in used. Used prices - I have seen auction prices a fraction of a year ago.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #96  
Wages have gone up and I have rarely seen them go down. It would be difficult to reduce prices when wages have gone up so much(excluding my pension). I chuckled when I saw this article because many were claiming that wages weren't high enough. Increasing wages helps nobody when it drives inflation.
They most certainly go down.
When there are layoffs in a downturn, the new re-hires start at a lower salary when things pick up again.
Wages haven't increased that much in this cycle compared to the massive corporate profit increases that ran up the inflation.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #97  
A lot of the wages in manufacturing have gone up 75% in the last 3 years around here. It seems like a bigger increase in such a short time than I ever got. I'm sure the unions would balk at reducing wages once they are set in the union contract.
Where are you at TimberFarm? It may be different there.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #98  
If retail sales slump this holiday or employers don't like the way things are headed after the holiday sales season is over, look for employers to cut employees that they don't like or think are getting paid too much. Remote workers may also be on the cull list.
I read an article two days ago stating that holiday purchasing is already taking a hit. Energy prices are rising again, quickly… I think the soft landing hopes are dashed. They were really lies being told to a public that they thought would buy in long enough for the midterms. Like the lie that ***** DIDNT forget that our Indiana representative was actually DEAD. They really have no qualms about treating you like a complete imbecile

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #99  
A lot of the wages in manufacturing have gone up 75% in the last 3 years around here. It seems like a bigger increase in such a short time than I ever got. I'm sure the unions would balk at reducing wages once they are set in the union contract.
Force majeure. This is how UAL pilots lost their pensions, leaving 60 year old professionals broke. Unions don’t have to agree.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #100  
NC

Status
Not open for further replies.