New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining
That's funny, my $ has has been going down fast for 2 years. Doesn't matter which way you figure it, the bottom line is i work as hard as ever, make more than ever, but it still takes more hours to pay for the same thing.
It sounds like you got a money leak going on there Preacher. The first place I would check is the wife valve.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #82  
It sounds like you got a money leak going on there Preacher. The first place I would check is the wife valve.
You forgot the winky face. Cause we all know you are joking.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #83  
They opened the money spigot and the value of the dollar went down the inflation drain. T posts that used to be $3.29 not that long ago are now $6.19. (n) :mad:

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #84  
The currency may be comparably more valuable… but that doesn’t mean anything when the cost of everything has outpaced it, and your investments are down 25%…

Real wages are down. That’s all you need to know, and everyone feels it. Our citizens are becoming poorer by the day, and all we discuss are family friendly drag shows.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #85  
Not very much you can do about it as long as the
clown is in office but you can call your congressman
and complain of which it would be like talking to a tree????

willy

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #86  
This is about the third straight quarter that tractor sales have been on the decline. As mentioned last year, I believed the huge surge in compact tractor sales was tied to the overheated housing market and once that popped we would see demand sharply fall. My father has also reported seeing Kubota commercials running on television a lot lately which is very unusual given the time of year and where we are located in the country. My best advice to anyone considering the purchase of a new tractor is to sit and wait it out. If this trend continues we could see some real bargain buys coming next year.

Here is a video from a guy that has been covering this since the start of the year. This most recent video is his best to date.
No...it's nobody makes a good tractor anymore..like work trucks..can't get em..everything is this bells and whistles b.s on everything.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #87  
This is about the third straight quarter that tractor sales have been on the decline. As mentioned last year, I believed the huge surge in compact tractor sales was tied to the overheated housing market and once that popped we would see demand sharply fall. My father has also reported seeing Kubota commercials running on television a lot lately which is very unusual given the time of year and where we are located in the country. My best advice to anyone considering the purchase of a new tractor is to sit and wait it out. If this trend continues we could see some real bargain buys coming next year.

Here is a video from a guy that has been covering this since the start of the year. This most recent video is his best to date.

Definitely entering the first leg of the three-fold Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times."

First, as of yesterday the Bank of England is both raising rates, as well as buying its own treasury bonds in an attempt to shore up the value of the Pound. In a year, our Central Bank may very well be copying the same broken strategy as inflation continues to spiral upward.

Second, our present Administration is being thanked for sabotaging the NORD pipeline releasing an untold amount of greenhouse gasses in the context the same Administration has stated that global warming represents the greatest existential threat to the human race. Expect energy prices to continue to rise, thereby fueling more inflation.

Third, our government leaders continue to saber-rattle against Russia, a very dangerous path—especially so if we really did sabotage the NORD pipeline which would pit us directly at odds with our largest nuclear rival. Even so our government has already sent $66B of aid to Ukraine, and this after we orchestrated a coup in Ukraine a few years ago.

Fourth, Hurricane Ian slamming into Florida, Florida will require emergency disaster money, money we cannot afford to print because doing so will further fan the flames of inflation.

I’m expecting a 20% haircut in market values over the next 12-18 months as the bubble of everything deflates even as inflation continues to haunt us. Hopefully we don’t get into a new war.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #88  
If holdings provide utility can it ever have no value... a tractor used to work the land, dwelling to provide shelter, etc.?

The times I have realized loss are when a stock went to zero... so far all my losses have been stock related and why I don't put too much stock in stock...

I've seen people set for retirement have their plans dashed due to stock market losses... so they delay if able and keep working.

Last edited:
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #89  
I can't point to any specific proof of this, but I suspect part of the run up in home real estate prices was due to people wanting to invest their money in something tangible instead of trusting it to the stock market.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #90  
I can't point to any specific proof of this, but I suspect part of the run up in home real estate prices was due to people wanting to invest their money in something tangible instead of trusting it to the stock market.
Definitely a reason for some I know…

Plus bank interest amounting to a few pennies a month… give me a break…

Real Estaye here is definitely cyclical but it so far always comes back stronger…

Status
Not open for further replies.