Kubota B7800 4.70 star(s) (53)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Kubota B7800.
25-50 HP Tractors
1702058791 (1).jpg

About the Kubota B7800

Kubota B7800 Discussions (920)

Here are the most recent B7800 topics from our community.
  1. twodogs

B7800 - Busted Axle at 441 hours

I have had my B7800 for 4 years and a day as of today (8/3/09)! Last week, while cutting my yard, my tractor dropped to the ground and my right front wheel kept on going! I was amazed...
  2. davitk

B2630 or B7800?

I am nearly ready to buy my tractor, have been looking and wishing now for three years, but still need a little advice (nobody had better give me that 'green, blue, orange are all equal bs; I've...
  3. jodebg

START USING FULL SYNTHETIC ENGINE OIL AFTER 400 HOURS..2004 B7800??

Just purchased this 2004 b-7800 with 422 hours. Thinking of using Rotella T6 Full Synthetic motor oil. Will switching to the full synthetic cause any problems? Any other oil that you would advise...
  4. Taiser

Just over a week away from a B7800, now a snag...

Hi Gents; You guys all know that I had pretty much narrowed my choice down to B7800 up from a BX24 in the landscaping thread I started, well a new development just happened and now I need more...
  5. S

Deciding between B7610/B7800, implements (long)

Hi all. I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks and learning a great deal as I make this big purchase decision. I believe I am down to the two models listed above but I will give a brief...
  6. RayMunising

PTO Power - b7800 vs l3130

I have no experience with either machine but I've been scratching my head between the B7800 and the L3130 for a while now. I'm going to want one or the other for snowblowing in Michigans upper...
  7. Z

difficulty selling used B7800

... thanks guys....
  8. C

I can only buy one: B7800, TC30, JD790, or CK30

Immediate uses: 10 acres = 5ac finish mowing (few obstacles), landscaping, and snow removal + 5ac woods (tree/ stump removal, rock moving) I've quoted each of these tractors with FEL, 6' rear...
  9. Timber

Just bought the B7800

Hello every one My name is Timber (AKA) Charlie I have been planing on buying my tractor for a year now just waiting for my ducks to line up in a row. I have been studining this group for about 3...
  10. N1ST

B7800/B29xx Telescoping stabilizers

I'm considering replacing my B7800 turnbuckles with the telescoping stabilizer ala B29xx. $145 for parts at TractorSmart.com. Someone that has done this or has the B29xx stock stabilizers -...
  11. BlacknTan

telescoping links for B7800

Well, I've been doing my homework, and I'm pretty well decided on the B 7800. The only feature of the B 3030 that interests me is the telescoping links for the 3PH. So, my question is this. How...
  12. H

B7800 HSD purchase

Thanks to the TBN community for the education I have received over the past 18 months. I was even able to "educate" my dealer on some features, thanks to things I've learned here. I just "signed...
  13. Northland

lifting/moving big rocks with a B7610/B7800?

I am deciding between a B7610 w302/352 or B7800 w/402 loader. I live in Northern Ontario Canada with 20 acres of hilly maple woods with rocky soil and some big rocks in spots. I was just...
  14. C

b7800 locker problems

Anyone else have troubles with their diff lock? I bought my b7800 in aug of 07 after doing my research on here to help determine if it was a decent machine. I believe kubota makes a fine product...
  15. R

B7800 in action!

Took delivery on Saturday from the BEST dealer in "Northern Virginia". This is how NEWBIES plow their driveways! Side shot, notice the NEWBIE dealer option seat cover. I forgot to the picture...
  16. S

Snow B7800 in the snow

I have purchased a b7800 and will be using it now in the snow. I have a somewhat steep driveway (paved) that needs to be plowed. Should I add snow chains or do the industrial tires do o.k in snow...
  17. bandit67

Trying to decide which tires for B3030 or B7800

I've narrowed down my choices to a B3030 or B7800 (or possibly the new B2920 once I can check one out). In the mean time, I have to figure out what tires to go with - Industrials or Ags. My...
  18. cart99

CK30 3320 B7800 B3030 L3400 TC33DA TC30 winner is.

After an incredible amount of time spent on research and comparison shopping, I finally committed and purchased a Kubota B3030 with FEL, toothbar, chain hook, HD alternator, work lights, filled...
  19. F

Is Woods BH6000 right size for B7800?

I'm just starting to think about getting a backhoe.Don't really need one but I have a few trenching/drainage jobs I want to do and could probably find more games to play with it once I got it...
  20. Z

another snow plow adapter thread - b7800 & weston

another snow plow adapter thread - b7800 & western I found a pretty decent looking 7' Western plow locally and I am thinking about adapting it to run on my tractor. I know there are a bunch of...
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (53)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Kubota B7800 Subcompact Tractor
83 %
11 %
0 %
4 %
2 %
5.00 star(s)
willie4

B7800 Kubota
Very good for hobby farms
Model Year: 2008

I breed horses and stable around 20 of them. I first looked at the BX24 but when I saw that and the 7800 side by side, there was no comparison for the money. I think this is an excellent value and very reliable. It is small enough to fit inside my barn and big enough to do many of the heavier chores. It would be great if the bucket tilted back a little more for carrying things, but I am very pleased with the 7800 and think I made a good choice. I did fill the rear tires and added rear chains and that made it a lot better in the mud and snow.

Pros: Good value, reliable, easy to use
Cons: Bucket could tilt back a little more, chains help in snow and mud

5.00 star(s)
SimFarm

B7800 Kubota
Kubota B7800
Model Year: 2004

I purchased the 30-hp Kubota B7800 after purchasing a house and 18 acres in 2003. I can't say enough about how impressive the Kubota has been for just about every task. I have 10 acres in pasture and a 7-acre wood lot. The B7800 (30hp HSD) is easy to drive, generates an impressive amount of torque and is big enough for almost every job. I had the Kubota serviced by the dealer at 50 hours and again at 150 hours. I serviced it at 250 hours. I also grease the loader zerks every 10 hours of operation. The reliability of this tractor is phenomenal. I have never had a single problem with it since I purchased it 7 years ago. I have a 4-foot rotary tiller attachment, a 5-foot brush hog/rotary mower and a front bucket. Although my wife refers to the tractor as my toy, I couldn't keep up with the chores on the homestead without it. I would highly recommend a Kubota to anyone in need of a reliable and well-built compact tractor.

Pros: Easy to drive, very reliable, a great little workhorse.
Cons: No cup holder :)

5.00 star(s)
hankj

B7800 Kubota
Kubota B7800 w/ loader and hoe.

I'm a first-time tractor owner, and am amazed at how much work this 30-hp machine can do. It is a HST and 4WD rig, and came with a ROPS installed. Maintenance is easy to do yourself, including engine and transmission oil changes. I would have preferred a backhoe that operates from the tractor's hydraulics, but the self-contained hoe has worked well to date. Both the backhoe and loader are very easy to remove and reattach. I'm very happy with this unit.

Pros: Power to size ratio is excellent.
Cons: No OEM backhoe that operates from the tractor's hydraulics is available.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Gard

B7800 Kubota
7800 ownership

Very pleased with the Kubota 7800. The hydrostatic transmission is the first I've owned on a farm tractor. My first Kubota was a gear drive. Because most of my work is accomplished while using the front loader, the transmission is most advantageous. The tractor is relatively light for its size, yet I routinely carry and move quite heavy loads. I've moved hundreds of tons of gravel, shale, dirt and sand. This winter involved digging out from the worst snowfall in our state's history. The tractor is a godsend and I couldn't maintain our horse farm without it.

Pros: size, power, transmission, front loader
Cons: exposed fuel filter, rear hydraulic depth adjustment

2.00 star(s)
alanduq

B7800 Kubota
Not for hard work.
Model Year: 2000

Almost every time I use it something breaks down. Currently has problem with transmission that it has no neutral. Always goes forward or backward a little. Center of range in pedal is gone. Also possibly for the same problem it is many times difficult to get ignition. Local dealer not so good at repairing.

Pros: Is still running
Cons: Low power. Slow movements. Fragile.

5.00 star(s)
liquidwindows

B7800 Kubota
Great Tractor
Model Year: 2005

Never had a single problem in 5 years that wasn't the fault of some idiot farm hand. Just change the oil and fluids and you're good to go. Plenty of power for my needs (very small organic farm) have a loader that has always been plenty and performs better than the specs say - lifts heavier loads by about 50% over spec as long as you have a counterweight.

Pros: Just about everything
Cons: headlights too dim to be useful

5.00 star(s)
Fug1000

B7800 Kubota
God bless my Bota
Model Year: 2007

Having never owned a tractor or even a riding-lawnmower in my life, I wasn't sure what to buy when I got my new 11 acre home back in 2007. Somehow, God blessed me and pointed me towards the Kubotas. I think the rude John Deere dealer I first visited helped in my decision a bit too. I as looking at one of the only 3 CUTs on a lot full of combines and huge tractors...I suppose I wasn't big enough for him....but that's another story. After a lot of reading, talking to my online friends and some eBay crawling, I decided I wanted a Kubota. I bought my B7800 in Springfield, Ohio at "Comptons" and the salesman Jim made me feel right at home. I was looking at a stripped down B3030 on the showroom floor but I was a bit hesitant about the price it would be for all the features I wanted: FEL and MMM and Turfs being the most important so Jim told me about the last B7800 they had in the "back" that just happened to be configured the exact way I wanted and he went and fetched it for me. As soon as he drove it into site I knew it would be mine! Now 3 years later, I can say, it works just as hard as it's good-looks make you think it will. I have not had a single problem. I maintain a 900 foot gravel driveway, and I plow it in the winter, I mow 6 acres finish and 2 acres with a bush hog. I have planted over 40 estate sized trees and dug about 100 fence posts. I've hauled gravel and dirt. I think the thing that really impresses me is when I go out to the barn to start it up in sub-zero weather, even if it hasn't been started in a week, it fires up every-single time. It has all the power I need and no matter what crazy job I come up with for it, it has never failed me. I can't say enough good things about my Bota. I honestly don't see how Kubota Inc. can stay in business. The tractors are of such good quality I can't see myself buying another one for 10 or 20 years! Let's see GM or Ford try to stay afloat with that business model!

Pros: Dependable, reliable, works hard, looks great.
Cons: Lasts too long!

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Northland

B7800 Kubota
Good value tractor
Model Year: 2006

I paid US$16K for my B7800 from a dealer in the Michigan UP. I use the tractor for snowblowing my driveway and trails in the winter. In the summer I use it for trail clearing and logging trees for firewood. I have a Tatro bucket grapple, 5 foot rear Agrotrend snowblower and a United 5 foot box box blade as well as a TSC carry-all and v-bar tire chains all around. The tractor has always performed reliably and has done everything I needed it to do. I have happy I bought this make and model of tractor. It's a great value for the price.

Pros: power, ground clearance, perfect size, value
Cons: lacking some features-position control 3 pt hitch set-up parts

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
rjent

B7800 Kubota
Couldn't ask for more
Model Year: 2005

This is my second Kubota. Both have been excellent tractors. I maintain driveways and do lot cleaning water holding tank and landscaping jobs for people. I am not a contractor as I own a couple of businesses that make my living. I have been, however, around tractors and earth moving equipment my whole life as I grew up on a Cattle Ranch and Farm in New Mexico. This tractor has the power, comfort, and design to do anything I have thrown at it. I couldn't be more pleased. My only peeve with these (and all modern tractors) is the planned breakage of some items (like the swing arm turn buckles) Over all, the tractor exceeds my expectations and has always performed, in excess, the work I have asked it to do. I would buy another in a heartbeat.

Pros: Performance/cost
Cons: Some nagging planned obsolesence.

5.00 star(s)
herringchoker

B7800 Kubota
Great Little Tractor
Model Year: 2003

I wanted a tractor with lots of PTO power but light enough to trailer behind 1/2 ton pickup. I use it in town in winter for snow removal with FEL and 72" rear snowblower, and at our country place in summer for grass and bush cutting, handling firewood, and miscellaneous tasks. It has the LA402 loader and I built my own cab for it. I am totally impressed with how strong this little beast is. The FEL is strong...I reshaped my garden lot in town by digging up and removing about 60 cu. yds. of hard packed clay. A heavier L-series of similar horsepower may have done better due to more weight, but the B7800 performed admirably. On the PTO, it really shines. It is very nimble...turns on a dime. The only problem I have had is the safety switch on the "GO" pedal once got loose in its mount, so the tractor wouldn't start. I disconnected the switch, put a temporary jumper wire across the harness and got it home, where I corrected the problem....an easy fix. Hence, only 4 stars for reliability. If not for that it would get 5 stars. I was looking for a "Plain Jane" workhorse, and I am totally satisfied with the B7800.

Pros: HST, high power to weight ratio, easy to trailer, reliability, manoeuverability.
Cons: none for me.

Photo Uploads:

[ad placeholder]

Kubota B7800 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Kubota B7800s

Kubota B7800 Community Rankings

#302 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#72 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#1 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#788 user rating of 27027 items overall
#261 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#4 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall