YT359C Sluggish Power steering

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #11  
That's strange. Do all tractors have this issue or just Yanmar? I know my JD 310SE backhoe doesn't do that.

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #12  
This is in the manual. It's not correct. It should say at lower rpms the power steering is disabled. I certainly wasn't operating with a load, at idle. Today I'll do a test and a video.

Attachments

• 20220915_063646.jpg
    20220915_063646.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 103
   / YT359C Sluggish Power steering #13  
Just got off the phone with Yanmar Tech Support.
They do acknowledge there is an issue and it is being addressed. They took my name and number and will get back if/when an engineering solution is available.

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #16  
I hear you but this still isn't right.

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering
I have the same issue, and have definitely experienced a little bit better response when the RPMs are raised. However, it shouldn't happen at all. And it certainly shouldn't have to have the RPMs raised up just to turn the steering wheel in a fluid motion. The whole point I bought the Yanmar was so that I would get better engine response exactly when I needed it. So having the a/b function where I'm at lower RPMs when I don't need them, but now I have to manually have the engine at high RPMs just to turn the steering wheel?
I had a different brand of tractor before this one that had other issues. But power steering was smooth as glass. Like the full power steering on a 1984 Oldsmobile Delta 88. One finger steering control of the entire tractor was possible. I've experienced this issue with or without load idle partial load hay bale bucket full of dirt, it doesn't matter it happens and there's literally nothing you can do about it other than raise the throttle up even though you're already in gear and you're trying to slowly turn. It completely negates the AB function.

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #18  
I have the same issue, and have definitely experienced a little bit better response when the RPMs are raised. However, it shouldn't happen at all. And it certainly shouldn't have to have the RPMs raised up just to turn the steering wheel in a fluid motion. The whole point I bought the Yanmar was so that I would get better engine response exactly when I needed it. So having the a/b function where I'm at lower RPMs when I don't need them, but now I have to manually have the engine at high RPMs just to turn the steering wheel?
I had a different brand of tractor before this one that had other issues. But power steering was smooth as glass. Like the full power steering on a 1984 Oldsmobile Delta 88. One finger steering control of the entire tractor was possible. I've experienced this issue with or without load idle partial load hay bale bucket full of dirt, it doesn't matter it happens and there's literally nothing you can do about it other than raise the throttle up even though you're already in gear and you're trying to slowly turn. It completely negates the AB function.
Yea it feels like a relief valve is by passing

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering
I watched that video from above, and this exact thing happens fairly often to me and really bad about 3 days ago. I'll figure out how to post it here as well.
And the whole point about you should have the RPMs all the way up in order to turn the power steering, makes no sense to me. Part of the draw of this Yanmar and the AB mode is not having to have the tractor wound all the way up to do the work that you need to do. I've driven a lot of tractors and not a single one from 40-50-year-old tractors to brand new ones did I need to rev the motor up just to turn the steering wheel.