YT359C Sluggish Power steering

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #1  

Pearlsnaps

Tractor
YM2500 now YT 359c
Evening folks. My new 359 is Amazing. Only took a bit of time to setup the A/B mode and it's awesome.
I've noticed that my power steering stops working mid-turn (like old school cars that ran out of power steering fluid) when I'm at idle or slow speeds. It happens everytime I pick up a bale of hay, and usually when I'm low speed turning. Auto throttle is on. Hydraulic fluid level is good...
Any ideas why this would be happening? Only have 11 hours on the clock. Thanks in advance.

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #2  
Mine does that also....2017 with almost 1,000 hours. I saw another post where someone said the same thing...one reply was that the front tires needed more air. Will be interesting to see other responses.

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #3  
Does it still happen with the auto throttle off? Maybe the hydraulic flow isn't high enough when close to idle?

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #4  
Not sure, don't think I have ever tried that. Pretty much just leave it in auto throttle and 4wd all the time.

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering
Same here. I'll try that next time and turn off the auto throttle. Dealer said her sets the front at 12-15psi. I'll check mine tomorrow. But it definitely feels like no hydraulic fluid when it happens.

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #6  
I don't think you need to turn the auto throttle off, just increase it with the handle. It will just raise the lower RPM range, which should give more pump pressure if that is the issue.

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #7  
This is true hydraulic steering. Paschal's Law aside, there is a reason that hydraulic tests are not performed at idle. Set the hand throttle at around 2k rpm and is should improve. Remember, if you are lifting a heavy load, it is true hydraulic steering and may be going over the relief built within the orbitrol (steering) valve. If this should happen, the slightest of movement should allow you to turn. Best of luck, let us know if this works.

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering
I will try that option next week. Thank you both for the info.

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #9  
I just experienced this yesterday with a load of dirt in the loader. Brand new tractor. You turn the steering wheel and it's hard to turn if at all. You see a delayed response as the front tires try to turn... and they do but unsatisfactorily. Had to back up and get it to turn.
I have a call into my dealership. I want an answer.

/ YT359C Sluggish Power steering #10  
The pump is not running fast enough to power
the steering at idle. When you want to enter the
hwy way quickly you don't idle to get out there
you step on it to get to move same with power
steering needs RPM'S TO MOVE your steering
wheel. I have the YT235C when at idle hard to
steer up the RPM'S can steer with your finger.

wlly