You Might be a Redneck...

/ You Might be a Redneck... #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
Last Friday, about 20 members of our car club drove to a little country cafe in Pond Creek Oklahoma for an all-you-can-eat meal of calf fries...and it was worth the trip. Someone said "You might be a redneck if you drive 80 miles one way to eat calf fries". Someone else said, "No", "You ARE a redneck..." I say, "So be it"! They were really good; and it's a lot closer than the Big Texan in Amarillo. :thumbsup:

/ You Might be a Redneck... #2  
I can't say as I have ever had calf fries but would try them and see. 80 Miles doesn't seem like much in the west. About out the door yard and four neighbors places away. And there hasn't been any doubt about me being a red neck for quite a spell. :licking:

/ You Might be a Redneck... #4  
Mountain Oysters.... No..No..No thank you. I might like them but I'm not planing on finding out.:)

/ You Might be a Redneck... #5  
How about a heapin' helping of lamb fries - "Harvested the Basque way?":licking:

/ You Might be a Redneck... #6  
Now if they are frying them do they thin slice them and do them like chicken fried steak?

/ You Might be a Redneck... #7  
Now if they are frying them do they thin slice them and do them like chicken fried steak?

Bovinus Testicalus (Bull Balls), yes. Calf and lamb fries, just clean them and fry them - goes well with gravy for breakfast.

/ You Might be a Redneck... #8  
Bovinus Testicalus (Bull Balls), yes. Calf and lamb fries, just clean them and fry them - goes well with gravy for breakfast.
Everything goes well with gravy for breakfast. Now cooked up and served by you sweety before she sends you off to do a days work ,now that's the good life.

/ You Might be a Redneck...

You remove the membrane; slice them lengthwise half way down and remove the fibrous cord running lengthwise, put them in salt water and soak overnight. Slice them about like you would zuchini squash; roll them in flour and deep fat fry. Yum, yum.

/ You Might be a Redneck... #10  
You remove the membrane; slice them lengthwise half way down and remove the fibrous cord running lengthwise, put them in salt water and soak overnight. Slice them about like you would zuchini squash; roll them in flour and deep fat fry. Yum, yum.
Sounds like you know what your doing. Have to put them done like that on my bucket list.