You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,842  
I got tired of looking and buying calking guns.. I hang them up now so they’re in plain sight.. I now have 5.. lol
Back to my bin system mentioned yesterday, I have a 24" x 16" x 10" stackable bin labeled "caulk guns and tubes", big enough that both my 10 oz and 29 oz products can share the same bin. Stays in the basement of the house, where it's always cool and relatively dry.

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,843  
Could be in pet peeves but I have scrapped more than one cheap caulk gun in my lifetime ones that I still have around are hung up these days. Vertical wall storage to me anyway has become essential to find random seldom used stuff.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,844  
You know you're getting old when:
You remember riding in a six story elevator with an elevator operator.
Remember the accordion-like scissors gates that opened in the door to keep you back? When the elevator attendant said "step back" with his voice of authority, everyone did.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,845  
Remember the accordion-like scissors gates that opened in the door to keep you back? When the elevator attendant said "step back" with his voice of authority, everyone did.
Those are still common in Europe, where many buildings are still running elevators installed ca.1900. I remember one my hotel in Italy (Home in Palace) that was scary enough that most preferred to haul their luggage up and down a narrow open iron spiral staircase, rather than chancing the 120 year old elevator.

No attendants, as the elevators are often barely large enough to fit one person + suitcase. Think moving phone booth, with accordian cage and chain link on the other three walls. Poke a finger out, and you're gonna lose it.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,846  
I keep about 4 measuring tapes around so I can always find one...somewhere.
I have about a dozen scattered around every place I may need one. I even have one in my pocket now.

tape measure.jpg

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,847  
Only vaguely. It was a rare occasion that I rode on an elevator.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,850  
My wife and I always turn on closed captioning frequently these days.
I do when some of our family visits. They like to talk over the program that I'm trying to watch. I can keep reading while they sound like Charlie Brown's teacher in the background. wah WAH waaah waah. 🤣