You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #911  
Except —- now I had to get back up. Used to be easy. Not so much anymore!!

Tell me about it! It warmed up into the 50s this week so I spent a lot of time in my garage getting my vehicles ready for summer. Same problem...hard to get up off the creeper without something to pull myself up on. Got me seriously thinking about building a new shop building with a vehicle lift so I don't have to get down on the floor! (Current garage rafters are too low to lift vehicles more than a couple feet up.)

/ You Know You Are Old When #912  
Law in Nevada required in-person driver's license renewal age 70+. Mandatory eye tests, and all renewals after age 70 are for only 4 years so they can check your vision and your general state of health each time. Went through that a couple years ago and sure hope I can pass all their tests in two more years!
Sounds like blatant age discrimination I say…

/ You Know You Are Old When #913  
Tell me about it! It warmed up into the 50s this week so I spent a lot of time in my garage getting my vehicles ready for summer. Same problem...hard to get up off the creeper without something to pull myself up on. Got me seriously thinking about building a new shop building with a vehicle lift so I don't have to get down on the floor! (Current garage rafters are too low to lift vehicles more than a couple feet up.)
75 with sunny blue skies… first time I’ve seen convertibles out in numbers with tops down…

California weather is real…

Maybe a convertible shows ones age?

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #915  
Toupee & dentures
That's what happened to Dad's friend years ago at the Water Park which they had to close until they were found.

/ You Know You Are Old When
Toupee & dentures
That's what happened to Dad's friend years ago at the Water Park which they had to close until they were found.

Funny!

I used to work for a company that operated theme parks.

The biggest water ride would collect over 10,000 hats each year from folks who road the ride and failed to take off their hat!

It happens.

/ You Know You Are Old When
My wife got hearing aids last fall. Now she wants me to get them also. I am not planning to do that because it makes a great excuse for ignoring her.

Ha!

My wife says the exact same thing! She says she is tired of me saying “huh”? when she says something.

But - like you said - not hearing and not paying attention are 2 entirely different things.

/ You Know You Are Old When #919  
For me, age comes down to counting summers. I like to race sailboats, water ski, cycle... all stuff that's only easy when you're young and strong. So, how many "good summers" do I have left? Maybe 10-20, at this point. That's not a lot.

I hope to have many more summers left beyond 20 years, but I won't be out there roll-tacking or slamming jibes with a mainsheet between my teeth, or slalom skiing behind a speed boat.

... and that's your depressing thought, for this Monday. 😛

/ You Know You Are Old When #920  
For me, age comes down to counting summers. I like to race sailboats, water ski, cycle... all stuff that's only easy when you're young and strong. So, how many "good summers" do I have left? Maybe 10-20, at this point. That's not a lot.

I hope to have many more summers left beyond 20 years, but I won't be out there roll-tacking or slamming jibes with a mainsheet between my teeth, or slalom skiing behind a speed boat.

... and that's your depressing thought, for this Monday. 😛
Depends a lot on general health and genetics. If your family has a history of joint problems, your 10-20 years might be accurate. If not, stay otherwise healthy and enjoy. I don't know your age, but if it is any help, I road a metric century at the age of 60 at an average speed of 14.9 mph. (it would have been faster but at about the 60km mark the sit bones started hurting too much making riding painful.) I continued riding until I moved to this area which is too hilly for me at age 72. I chose cycling because of joint problems. Except in extreme pedaling one never puts all of their weight on hip or knee joints.