You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #921  
I'm 50, and the class I race in is generally made up of folks 55 and under. A few guys have pushed into their mid-60's, but pretty much everyone ages out by then. It's okay, there are slower and friendlier boats out there to sail and race!

I know a lot of folks who keep it going strong in sports like this, up to age 70. Not many beyond that, which is fine. I already appreciate napping and sitting way more today, than at age 40, and expect that appreciation to only develop more with time. There's a time in life for everything.

/ You Know You Are Old When #922  
75 with sunny blue skies… first time I’ve seen convertibles out in numbers with tops down…

California weather is real…

Maybe a convertible shows ones age?
Does anyone even make convertibles anymore? My Mustang convertible at Coaldale Junction, Nevada, in April 1983. Loved that car...top down, ideal for seeing places like Yosemite Valley. Coaldale Junction has disappeared in the intervening years...just a wide spot along the road now, all gone.
Coaldale Junction Apr83r.jpg

/ You Know You Are Old When #923  
I guess I'm too old to snow ski but, I skied today with two fellows that are still skiing at age 90 and 91. They have 13 years on me but that hasn't slowed them down. It's hard to argue with folks that have 80+ years of experience. I suppose I should keep going as long as I can.

/ You Know You Are Old When #924  
Does anyone even make convertibles anymore? My Mustang convertible at Coaldale Junction, Nevada, in April 1983. Loved that car...top down, ideal for seeing places like Yosemite Valley. Coaldale Junction has disappeared in the intervening years...just a wide spot along the road now, all gone.
View attachment 854414
Top down manual transmission is a pastime I enjoy. Lots of convertibles still available. Even a new 5.0 mustang. Couple of my weekend cruisers

Attachments

• jpeg.jpg
    jpeg.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    664.3 KB · Views: 33
   / You Know You Are Old When #925  
View attachment 854414
Yes... still a few in production.

What I saw were most older like a BMW, MG and Mercedes.

/ You Know You Are Old When #926  
Top down manual transmission is a pastime I enjoy. Lots of convertibles still available. Even a new 5.0 mustang. Couple of my weekend cruisers
That a Factory Five Cobra?

/ You Know You Are Old When #928  
I own a 1990 ZR-1 Corvette. I've thought about the Factory Five Supercar with my LT5 engine. All aluminum, dual overhead cam. Currently 530 hp.

/ You Know You Are Old When #929  
Fantastic! Is that a kit Cobra or the real thing with a 427?

/ You Know You Are Old When #930  
Son texted me some Saturday night Karaoke pictures and a video with him and some girls. Next day, I texted him this from the Sunday comics...

C.png

Made me realize the song is over 50 years old.

Told my son I'm getting old because I can't believe the song is that old, he tells me I'm not old because "old songs" end in the 1960's for his generation.

I guess he's right. The only "Old" music I know is from the 1940's LOL

I had to ask him what song he was singing with the girls because neither my wife or I had no clue what it was. Turns out it was a Tyler Swift song. Told him he should have been singing Springsteen, he tells me no one there knew Springsteen.