You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,331  
We used to watch the train wreck Anna show, and if you read about her, I don't think she and J. Howard spent much time together.
She really had a sad life. Marilyn Monroe did as well.
Didn't Anna's son also die tragically? Maybe drug overdose?

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,332  
Using a former cub scout I had for work around the house.

Know his father well, he has a good kid. Kid is 16 and wants to go into lawn care when he graduates from high school.

Bought himself a truck and trailer (actually paying off his loan to his dad) and works all he can in his free time.

Honestly, I'm thinking about raising his asking rate because he does good work, as he's already worked for me going on 20 hours. Sometimes finding trusting, reliable labor is impossible.

He was over yesterday evening weed whacking when I was mowing. That kid can weed whack in 2 hours what it now takes me a day to do.

I love having him work and he loves the hours.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,334  
Do it - inspires loyalty.
I know.

I was going to have a talk to him about "overhead" and what it costs to run a business.

That said, he's making WAY over minimum wage now LMFAO

Honestly, what I was paying him now I thought might kind have been on the high side (I'm cheap), but seeing how he works and what a actual "professional lawn care service" would run, I'm getting by on the cheap side.

When you run a business, add insurance, vehicles, maintenance on tools as well as a host of other variables, and your operating costs is generally way more higher than you would expect it to be.

When he graduates high school and starts employing people, I'm probably going to be too cheap or lucky enough to downsize by that time.

I'd bust on myself when I was 16 and doing yard work for my own father (I hated doing it), but talking to the kids dad, he told me he wish he'd (his son) do the same kind of work around his own house for free that he does when he gets paid to do lawn around my house and others homes.

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #2,335  
… talking to the kids dad, he told me he wish he'd (his son) do the same kind of work around his own house for free that he does when he gets paid to do lawn around my house and others homes.
… has said nearly every dad through history, I suspect. My kids aren’t very helpful around the house, but I’m always proud to hear from others that they’re polite and helpful toward friends and neighbors.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,336  
You know you are old when:

You open the hood to a car or truck and say “There’s no room under there for anything!”

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,339  
Never saw why anyone thought she was hot, way to trashy for my taste.
Fake boobs, had that been around the block too many times look.
So many much better natural ladies but somehow (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) one catches the media eye.
The Sheeple fall for it all the time. EG Madonna (n)

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,340  
Never saw why anyone thought she was hot, way to trashy for my taste.
I think you’re forgetting how dramatically things changed over the decade of the 1990’s. I don’t think there was anything to beat ANS in 1992. But by 1998, different story.

1714321009200.jpeg