You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,311  
True, but the way our rights have been trampled on in the last 10-20 years is such a disgrace that nothing surprises me.

“no joke”
Rights have been "trampled on" since the beginning of time, especially if you're considered somehow inferior to the masses. Would you have wanted to be a black man in the south much more than 50 years ago (for one example)? Or most anyone not part of the "master race" in Germany in the first half of the last century.
Humans have always only paid lip service to "equality" and "rights".

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,313  
Not everyone got married young in the old days either. My father was in his early 30s when he and my mother got married, my wife's parents were even older. Mine made it to the low 50s together, I don't think hers made it to 50. Of the 4 only my mother made it past 84. (never met my wife's parents...both were gone before we met).
For my wife and I to hit our 70th anniversary we'd have to make it to 2078.
Oh, definitely true. But I think the trend or average really skipped out over the last ~80 years, probably linked to college enrollment making such a huge jump with the baby boomers. Add 4-8 years of post-secondary education, to your early-20's, and it has a way of delaying one's starting a family.

The costs of housing, and so many millennials failing to launch at what prior generations would consider a "normal" age, probably also play into it in more recent years.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,314  
My grandfather was 30 and grandmother 18

He said a man couldn’t think of marriage until he made his way and could provide for a family.

I said didn’t anyone get married young and he said yes… the oldest son taking over the family business often married young because his future was set… like the son taking over the family farm.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,315  
2024_04_26_11.18.14.jpg