yet another "what should I get?"

/ yet another "what should I get?" #41  
Re: yet another \"what should I get?\"

Sorry for letting you down, Wen. I have a friend who has several of them, so I just borrow one of his when I need it. Besides, you didn't ask! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Mark

/ yet another "what should I get?" #42  

In retrospect, I guess you will have to tell us how well it works and what type you have used. I wouldn't have even thought of using the magnet bars to pick up nails, etc. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ yet another "what should I get?" #43  

I use the kind you hang off the front bumper, and they work very well.

Mark

/ yet another "what should I get?" #44  

What I do is pay the kids 10¢ for each nail they find with the medal detector. Just bury a few quarters out there to keep them looking for a longer time. Got rid of a lot of nails and other junk that way and the kids had fun too!
Von

/ yet another "what should I get?" #45  

If you can find an used Laser Printer toner cartridge, there is a magnet inside that works pretty well for nails. Run a wire through the middle and drag it around the yard. Depending on the cartridge they are 1 - 1 1/2" in diameter and 12 - 18" long.

/ yet another "what should I get?" #46  

Sneaky, Von. I like the way you think. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mark

/ yet another "what should I get?" #47  

I like your idea best of all. Guess I will have to see how much Radio Shack gets for their metal detectors. I built a home made one once and it was not very sensitive. Yep at 10 cents a nail, $20 will get a lot of junk picked up. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif