Yardmax track barrow anyone?

/ Yardmax track barrow anyone?
The Orec video sums up a lot of the content others have posted about using a track barrow. The yardmax is limited to R and 3 forward gears instead of the two range on the Orec. The Orec also uses a Honda where Yardmax has a Briggs. Yardmax has a version with sides that can be removed. I hadn't thought about moving lumber with it until I watched the Orec video. I imagine you could also move fence posts, too.

In terms of basic usefulness, a UTV would haul you plus your stuff where these track barrows only haul your stuff. But there's quite a difference between UTV pricing and the pricing of one of these.

/ Yardmax track barrow anyone? #12  
I know folks used these to drag lumber and tools into bridge sites that they couldn't used an ATV for. Maybe not all that far but still easier than doing it by hand.

They don't seem to travel quickly, especially compared to UTV speeds, which can get pretty fast. So that is worth considering, too.

/ Yardmax track barrow anyone? #14  
Per our other conversations...
PT425 10cu ft bucket - $700
PT425 5cu ft bucket - $560
PT425 5cu ft grapple bucket with teeth - $1800
About 35 other attachments.

I didn't see anywhere in the video that it went that the PT wouldn't go, and I'm pretty sure the PT would go more places. Only limitation would be width. Also, it loads itself and dumps better.

Again, not pushing it on you, just showing there's more than the brush clearing we talked about in the other thread.

;)

Riding beats walking, especially if its a long distance uphill.

/ Yardmax track barrow anyone? #16  
I like it. Seems reasonably price by today's hardware standards. And you'd be popular if you have neighbors or deer hunter friends...

/ Yardmax track barrow anyone? #17  
$2200 I would be looking at buying a used 4x4 atv and a lawn cart.

/ Yardmax track barrow anyone? #18  
$2200 I would be looking at buying a used 4x4 atv and a lawn cart.
I've done that. That is went out to work with atv and a trailer. Found out it was our least favorite way and switched to machines with boxes.
boss saw66.jpg
grizzlysnow.b.jpg

/ Yardmax track barrow anyone? #19  
They don't seem to travel quickly, especially compared to UTV speeds, which can get pretty fast. So that is worth considering, too.
Wheelbarrow's and UTV's are not in the same category, no matter how you compare them.

/ Yardmax track barrow anyone? #20  
Unless you are in very cramped quarters it seems like a one trick pony run by a lawn mower engine.

If you have enough space to use a Kawasaki Mule I can tell you mine has been bulletproof. It has an air cooled golf cart engine, decent sized dump bed and carries two people. The SX model I have lists for $7800 and comes with a three year warranty. It is a work UTV. Top speed is 25 mph so not great for trail riding with your buddies that have $20k toys. They will laugh at you. But we use ours to ride logging trails and it goes anywhere.

It is almost 4 times the cost, but it will do a lot more around the homestead. If I was going to handle logs I would add a large deep cycle battery and 3500 lb winch