Yanmar 155d live pto?

/ Yanmar 155d live pto? #1  

sasklada

Tractor
Yanmar ym155d
Hello all, Considering purchasing an ym 155d. Cant find data online to say if its a live or independent pto..

Thanks

/ Yanmar 155d live pto? #2  
Hello all, Considering purchasing an ym 155d. Cant find data online to say if its a live or independent pto..

Thanks
Here's a quote from the Hoye Tractor site:

"Almost none of the Yanmar models have a live PTO. There are those, however, that are making an argument that the PowerShift Yanmar transmission is the sort of the same as a live PTO because you can keep the pto spinning while changing gears and changing directions"

/ Yanmar 155d live pto? #3  
I have both PTO . And this is how my 2 stage Ford 2000 and Ym 2000 work.

/ Yanmar 155d live pto? #5  
We had one for 30 years. Actually, the YM135/155/165 are all pretty much the identical tractor. They all were about the same size, and had a two cylinder marine vintage engine. Tough as a nail. The engines were thermosiphon-cooled tractor and only came with a manual 3 speed forward x2 range transmisson. It is a tough tractor, and overbuilt for its size. With decent care they go forever. Yanmar made a nice loader for them, too - and even put a full length loader frame under it to farther protect the tractor.

The PTO is the most basic type: a transmission-driven PTO. So if you are in gear and hooked to an implement that will be used when you are moving - like a tiller or snow blower - you stop, push in the clutch, select a gear, engage the PTO lever, and take off. The PTO will not begin to turn until you begin to go forward. It won't reach rated speed until you get to the rated ground speed in that gear. There are two PTO speeds: 550 and 770 rpm which are selectable with a shift lever.

For applications where you don't need the tractor to be moving - log splitter, backhoe, post hole drill...things like that - the PTO works like any other. You put the trnsmissioin neutral and the foot clutch works the PTO very nicely. The throttle regulates the PTO speed.

Use 50/50 ethylene glycol antifreeze and water. Clean the radiator & screen religiously....not much else to go wrong.
rScotty

/ Yanmar 155d live pto? #6  
My 2000 2cyl I've owned since 08. In the 900 tach Hrs. now on this setup. 018 Tach Hrs. when i bought it. The cool factor knowing this is why I'll be watching when it does Roll over....... I always listen for the mowers Drive to lock up. You can feel it and then you know for sure The Drive train is engaged. My old style Overrun Clutch seems to do a lot of both. Play and noise easily so you know your ready to go. Just mowed 3 acres with it..........

Attachments

• Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 133

/ Yanmar 155d live pto? #7  
Here's a quote from the Hoye Tractor site:

"Almost none of the Yanmar models have a live PTO. There are those, however, that are making an argument that the PowerShift Yanmar transmission is the sort of the same as a live PTO because you can keep the pto spinning while changing gears and changing directions"
Long as the tractor has the PowerShift, and it's placed into a PowerShift band, then yes, the PTO is live. A normal Powershift band gives you 1-2-3 up, a neutral and 1 reverse.

Now, with all of this said, you can jump the gear selector without the clutch. Some Yanmar models can do this outright. The tractor has to come to a complete stop, on level ground. The PowerShift has to be in the neutral position. Now bump the gear selector out of any gear and then wiggle it into another. Now you can use the PowerShift in a new band. I've been doing this now for almost a decade. The PTO remains functional all the time. My YM2610 has the floor PowerShift. Not certain if the bar on the dash PowerShift can do the same.

I didn't learn this trick at all. When I was at Fredrick in AL, the rebuild mechanic showed this to me. (y)

/ Yanmar 155d live pto? #8  
I knew I thought I had a pic. of it!! On it Yesterday eve. again. I always let the mower run a Minute before I start cutting. Normal bangs and I mentioned why.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    642.9 KB · Views: 197
:giggle: Overrun clutch!!!